[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Las Vegas Volcano Mug
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Las Vegas Volcano Mug
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 12:59 pm   Permalink

Wayne at the Hawaiian Inn is trying to locate the maker/distributor of a volcano mug used at the Hawaiian Marketplace and Kahunaville in Las Vegas. The only marking is a sticker on the bottom that says made in China. It is a very attractive design.
Please post or private message me if you have info.
Mahalo.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-01-25 13:00 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 7:31 pm   Permalink

I have one - I'll check.
It is a very attractive design and, unfortunately, the best souvenir from the only tiki bar in town.

The Mirage should make it their official tiki mug.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 7:40 pm   Permalink

Hey, so, I'm totally lost on this, but going to Vegas soon. Is is still open, can one be bought or stolen from the bar, and where is it?

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Netty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-25 11:53 pm   Permalink

I live in Vegas and we have one of those mugs. I never saw it at the the Marketplace. We picked ours up at Kahunaville. I think it was $30 or $40 dollars for the mug and a drink, but it can hold a lot of drink!

View Profile of Netty Send a personal message to Netty  Email Netty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-01-26 12:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-25 19:31, christiki295 wrote:
I have one -

Could you please possibly post a photo of this tiki drink vessel?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 07:20 am   Permalink

Sorry I didn't get a picture of it. Hopefully someone can post one, and maybe find out who distributes it. I think Wayne is interested in using it at the Hawaiian Inn.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 8:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2005-01-25 19:40, Hale Tiki wrote:
going to Vegas soon. Is is still open, can one be bought or stolen from the bar, and where is it?

It can be purchased only from Kahunnaville, a bar in Treasure Island (T.I.), next to the Mirage, across from the Venetian, on the strip - Las Vegas Blvd.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 8:49 pm   Permalink

WAIAIIWIWIWIAAAIAIIIT! KAHUNAVILLE??? I can't believe that's the same company. I live in Philly. THe Kahuna in Vegas is a branch of the first place that started in Wilmington, DE. I've been there, I go there, it's where the east coast VLV is. Well, not quite the full scale, but it's pretty major. It's the Hot Rod Hoedown in the fall. That's less than an hour away from me. They don't even use tiki mugs in the drinks. I'll head down this weekend to talk to the people in the biz office in DE. They should be able to tell me, hopefully, unless it's a carefully guarded secret. PS - The DE location isn't very tradional tiki. It's like a chuck-e-cheese, a sports bar, concert venue, jimmy buffet style outdoor bar, indoor concert venue, giant volcano, and pseudo american-polynesian restaurant in one. The decor is really good though, as far as waterfalls and volcano's go. There's also Joe's Crab Shack and a brewery that share the complex parking lot, though I don't know if its owned by the same company. I actually have a photograph that I did a series of 100 of that I still have some lying around, I'll see if I can find it. It sold pretty well at the gallery. Anyway, I'll see what info I can dig up, or a picture. ALOHA@!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 10:01 pm   Permalink

Here's the website for Kahunaville...pretty cool site http://www.kahunaville.com/index2.htm

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iamsjn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-27 08:30 am   Permalink

I'll be in Vegas on the 25th of February. I'll be sure to go there with camera in hand.

I'll be buying one of those mugs if they are available for my Tiki bar!

I'll post pics when I get back. Also, I regularly post pics via my camera phone directly to my website (sjnstudios.com) and the images are updated immediately! So be watching on 2/25!

SjN

View Profile of iamsjn Send a personal message to iamsjn  Email iamsjn Goto the website of iamsjn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 1:10 pm   Permalink

We have a kuhunaville about 45 mins north of me at a mall in Holyoke, Mass. Been there once. Food was passing, decor ok (only tikis were outside by entrance) and the drinks were TERRIBLE. None of the bartenders knew what was in a Singapore Sling, let alone a Mai Tai...they did however, all "juggle" and throw the booze bottles around like little trained monkies. All sizzle and no steak, as my dad used to say. I dont recall ANY cool glassware on my first/last/only visit there, but may have to hit it again to get one of these mysterious volcano vessels. Its a race to be first to post a pic!!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 5:42 pm   Permalink

Howdy all. Is this the elusive mug? I went down to Kahunaville today. Forgot my digital camera though. Anyway, I found out who they get all their mugs from. Apparently some of them are exclusive to Kahunaville and can't be bought by the public, but the guys from Kahunaville said that if I need any of them, they'll order em for me. I hope this helps. I don't know how much they are, but, at least here's a picture!

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 5:55 pm   Permalink

Thank you for posting a picture. Yes, that is the mug except the one I saw does not have any writing on it. (It looks like your mug says Peppermill on it. If so, that is the name of another lounge in Vegas.....)
Did you get the name of the distributor? I don't think this is exclusive to Kahunaville because Wayne bought his at the Hawaiian Marketplace even though he saw the mug at Kahunaville, and perhaps it also is available at the Peppermill.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-01-28 14:38 ]

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 6:44 pm   Permalink

No, they have a distributor that deals in bulk. The names are custom, they're made without the names. Apparently they have several designs that are available to the public, and then there is the Kahunaville exclusive mugs. I've sent an e-mail to the contact Kahunaville gave me, so i hope to have a response.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 9:16 pm   Permalink

That's the same mug I have, although mine is from the Vegas Kahunaville (courtesy of TikiBird - mahalo!). It may be just that the photo makes it look a little washed out, but the colors on mine are much more vivid. The browns & greens are very rich, and the lava is almost flourescent. And it says "Kahunaville" around the rim, in the lava.

The Peppermill is a resto/lounge just up the Strip from Kahunaville that has been discussed in many Vegas-based threads. Here's a good description (courtesy of Woofmutt):
"Somewhat across from the Stardust at 2958 Las Vegas Blvd S is the Peppermill restaurant. Its Fireside Lounge (mentioned here before) is very cool. Inside it's like late 1979 with low backed deep red velvet-esque booths, lots of brass trim, mirrored walls, fake trees, and dim light. The focal point of the lounge is a round aqua pool of bubbling water with flames. There's seating around the fire water and with the bubbling noise and sunken pit design it sort of feels like sitting in a dry hot tub. The waitresses all wear full length black gowns split up to the thigh and they sit down with you to take your order. The drinks are mostly tropical, large and well garnished, fairly good and seemingly completely lacking in alcohol (this was from a sample of 5 different drinks on two different nights)."

It's a great place and I've been there a number of times, but it somehow doesn't seem like the kind of place that would actually have one of these mugs.

Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, Kahunaville also has an over-sized palm tree shaped mug that was pretty cool, and their frosted pint tumblers are excellent!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation