[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki a few finds from Daytona Beach
Remove Highlighting
a few finds from Daytona Beach
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-25 9:29 pm   Permalink

While in Daytona Beach for the Hawaiian Inn event, I found the following items in a pretty cool antique store ...

1) Pardon the blurriness - there is a neat miniature hula scene inside of this piece, which is lit by a votive candle holder suspended from the top inside the cylinder.
Green-flocked wallpaper, a glittery gold interior - I don't know if I am in a tiki bar or Liberace's living room. If you squint your eyes a bit, it even looks like a big green tiki with an pen mouth.

2. A nice, well carved, miniature tiki set, about 15 inches tall.

3. A wicker monkey!

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 9:36 pm   Permalink

Here are some pictures that perhaps better present the glory of that candle votive. I am so going to start making these. Now you all know what you're getting next xmas.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 06:32 am   Permalink

Well,that candle holder sure made me smile! You're right,it looks like an open-mouthed tiki-what would really put it over the top would be some googly eyes-too much!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2005-01-26 1:28 pm   Permalink

Vern - That wicker monkey is fantastic. I'm hoping one day to find one of those myself. I have several vintage postcards that show that those were actually used as decor in several old tiki bars.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2005-01-26 1:28 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2005-01-26 13:29 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-26 06:32, docwoods wrote:
Well,that candle holder sure made me smile! You're right,it looks like an open-mouthed tiki-what would really put it over the top would be some googly eyes-too much!

Geeze Doc, if you're gonna start talkin' googly eyes, maybe you oughta head over to Owl Central...

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 10:11 pm   Permalink

Oh I love that glittery green candle holder thingy!!

It reminds me of both my grandmothers. One loved Hawaii & Tahiti, and had all sorts of kitchy stuff, I know this is something she would have loved. My other Grandma decorated cakes with all sorts of little figures, and I used to have a ball playing with them.

I've been toying with the idea of making a snow dome, that thing really reminds me of one. It's the tiny tropical scene that appeals to me so much...like a window into paradise. Just like a tiki bar!

Thanks for posting the pictures!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-30 10:44 am   Permalink

Vern --- Please post a picture of the head hunter with the Farrah Fawcitt heads you told Marian and I about --- I have my own visual, but I am dying to see the real thing!

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation