FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Pernod - Ruiner of all!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 ) Remove Highlighting
Pernod - Ruiner of all!
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 07:59 am   Permalink

Has anyone tried the McIlhenny solution to the Pernod problem? When Edmund McIlhenny needed small bottles that only gave a drop or two of his Tabasco Sauce with each shake he found some cologne bottles with a tight neck and a screw top (one legend stating that he found a box of them at the dump). You could soak the labels off of (and the peppers out of) a tabasco bottle or a small cologne bottle, pour in the Pernod in using a tiny perfumers funnel, and label it as "Secret Recipe #23."

Or most large cities have surplus & lab supply stores, specialty bottle manufacturers or home perfumemaker supply stores that should carry small perfume/cologne bottles or dram eyedropper-topped bottles. The Specialty Bottle Company of Seattle has one that looks just about right, it's
1.7 oz. "woozy" sauce bottle:

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
quickiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-12 09:20 am   Permalink

I've seen these "Martini Mister" thingamajiggys at BevMo that are essentially really small mister bottles for vermouth. I'm sure these would work really swell with Pernod as well.

View Profile of quickiki Send a personal message to quickiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 07:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-12 07:59, freddiefreelance wrote:
Has anyone tried the McIlhenny solution to the Pernod problem? When Edmund McIlhenny needed small bottles that only gave a drop or two of his Tabasco Sauce with each shake he found some cologne bottles with a tight neck and a screw top (one legend stating that he found a box of them at the dump). You could soak the labels off of (and the peppers out of) a tabasco bottle or a small cologne bottle, pour in the Pernod in using a tiny perfumers funnel, and label it as "Secret Recipe #23."

Or most large cities have surplus & lab supply stores, specialty bottle manufacturers or home perfumemaker supply stores that should carry small perfume/cologne bottles or dram eyedropper-topped bottles. The Specialty Bottle Company of Seattle has one that looks just about right, it's 1.7 oz. "woozy" sauce bottle:

while this method is appealing because of the ease of operation i would still recommend a childs medicine dropper. it has the 1/8th and 1/4 teaspoon measurements on it and accuracy is key when using pernod. it may take a bit longer to make the drink but i know i would rather get it right.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buggerlugs

Posted: 2006-08-12 2:55 pm   Permalink

hey guys any one have any any idea why i have like a lot of glittery, silvery type crystaals floating in my pernod bottle, its only been open a week, is it ok?

View Profile of buggerlugs Send a personal message to buggerlugs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-13 06:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-12 14:55, buggerlugs wrote:
hey guys any one have any any idea why i have like a lot of glittery, silvery type crystaals floating in my pernod bottle, its only been open a week, is it ok?

On the top or bottom? And how long have you had the bottle total, not just open time? It could be something as simple as the sugar content crystallizing.

Or it could be a strange and rare new form of life that will one day rise up and take the dominant position in the food chain........

Either way, you might want to start shopping for a new bottle. Have you tried the Ricard?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation