FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Ultimate Tiki Tunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Ultimate Tiki Tunes
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 8:14 pm   Permalink

Journey??? Tiki??? Cool.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 8:16 pm   Permalink

p.s. Hey Ship-
----------------

but who are the Bystanders?
-------------------

Us?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captain Morgan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-30 11:57 pm   Permalink

Smogbreather, I did recognize the art work, Doug's "Tiki Girl" ebay print hangs proudly in my home tiki lounge. Is he providing diferent art work for every individual CD? Any new art, or is his past print work all that is being used?

And I suggest Sam Makia.

View Profile of Captain Morgan Send a personal message to Captain Morgan  Email Captain Morgan Goto the website of Captain Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 12:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-30 23:57, Captain Morgan wrote:
Smogbreather, I did recognize the art work, Doug's "Tiki Girl" ebay print hangs proudly in my home tiki lounge. Is he providing diferent art work for every individual CD? Any new art, or is his past print work all that is being used?

And I suggest Sam Makia.

Asides from the background style burplap (from Grog List) and the Tiki god on the Ultimate Tiki Tunes cd cover, all of the art and Tiki is brand new. On the Vintage Exotica Tunes cover, he's illustrated our new footed Moai volcano bowl in an interior bar scene setting, too. The Ultimate Tiki Tunes Tiki God mug will have mood stones for eyes... "are you really, really enjoying that Mai-Tai... the Ultimate Tiki Tunes Mug will let your friends know"... okay not at all and mood stones are for one thing - changing colors - but at least the mugs eyes will change colors and we like that.
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2005-01-31 00:16 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 01:54 am   Permalink

No Petty Booka? Where's the ukulele ladies?

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-01-31 01:55 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 03:18 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-01-29 22:14, RevBambooBen wrote:
TINY BUBBLES FOR FUCKING SURE!!!!!!!!!!

Who eles does this song besides Don Ho???

Al Caiola did on his late 60s album King Guitar.

Good guitar version, sounding like Vincent Bell was involved with the recording, too.

KK

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 03:33 am   Permalink

Hey Holden,
I've always wanted to hear Slacktone do Caravan.
What'ya think?

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 08:26 am   Permalink

...gotta have the Haole Kats - one of their old school Hapa Haole cuts would fit nicely in that collection.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 6:10 pm   Permalink

Here are better, closer-up images of Doug's art vs. what you see on the WorldSound website.

Within each cd, there will be a coded card that will allow for you to buy the limited mug. You'll be able to then order them from us either by email, online (password code needed) or by telephone. We expect the first 2 discs in time for Oasis but the mugs won't be out until likely late June.

Mahaloz,
Holden

ps - the first mug (Tiki Tunes) has mood stone eyes... "Are you REALLY enjoying that Mai Tai?"

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2005-02-25 18:18 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 11:52 pm   Permalink

What about some modern re-enactments of traditional Oceania songs... specifically from Soloman Islands, New Guinea, Tahiti, Cook Islands....

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-27 8:10 pm   Permalink

OUt of curiosity, about how much will the mugs be? I have to budget the mass amount of money I spend on tiki mugs every year.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-27 20:10, Hale Tiki wrote:
OUt of curiosity, about how much will the mugs be? I have to budget the mass amount of money I spend on tiki mugs every year.

The mugs are tentatively priced as follows...
Traditional Sized Single color glaze: $12.95
Embellished Mugs (2-3 glazes or "mood stone eyes"): $14.95
Large (GIANT) Handled Mug (photo available soon; this one's about 10" & 40 oz): $16.95

The tracks are whittled down to about 20 and those last 20 are being whittled down to the final line-up. There's been some great input from a lot of people with a big Mahalo to Ron (Bongofury).

Mahaloz,
Holden

...as always, trying to do them at affordable prices althought it ain't always easy (i.e. they aren't mass molded Starbucks cofee mugs... for example)

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2005-02-28 21:20 ]

liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 08:43 am   Permalink

Any word on these CDs. I've been scowering the site for more info, but other than the June 2005 release date, I've found nothing. Did they ever come out?

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 10:17 am   Permalink

Quote:
Did they ever come out?

Nope..not yet. I preordered mine back in May and haven't gotten it yet. I'm sure there's a good explanation for the delay. Perhaps Smogbreather could enlighten us??

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-24 11:43 am   Permalink

If you're not aware of The Hoodoo Guru's song "Leilani" then you are missing a classic tiki song.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation