[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Ultimate Tiki Tunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Ultimate Tiki Tunes
caerthe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:34 pm   Permalink

Just FYI, but I corresponded with Tiki Farm recently and it appears that WorldSound is responsible for the hold up. I think they're still working on clearing songs, but I wonder why they don't release what cd's they can, while clearing the others?

View Profile of caerthe Send a personal message to caerthe  Email caerthe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 07:28 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info...

I've been wanting to get my grubby hands on these since they first started talking aobut them!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-28 3:53 pm   Permalink

personally i'm a fan of the occassional steel drum mixed with the tribal beats *snaps fingers*

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 08:57 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2006-03-01 09:01 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 09:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-28 15:53, PockyTiki wrote:
personally I'm a fan of the occasional steel drum mixed with the tribal beats *snaps fingers*

Me too. Have you picked up Sand & Steel? Its a Trojan double disc packed with forty six tracks by early Jamaican steel drum bands. Interpretations include Yellow Bird.

You might also be interested in this thread aboout Non-Tiki Tiki Music...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=9077&forum=11&55

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 11:48 am   Permalink

"I'm Chief Kamanawannaleiya (and we're the Royal Macadamia Nuts)" - the Turtles (circa 1969)

"You say we're diving for pearls, we know we're diving for girls" - 1/3 of the Turtles as Flo & Eddie 10 years later

I know...I know...it's this kind of blasphemy that got Capt. Cook kicked off the island.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 12:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I know...I know...it's this kind of blasphemy that got Capt. Cook kicked off the island.

"kicked off the island." ?!
haole dissed the King, killed a Hawaiian then was clubbed and stabbed, and later, his bones stripped of the flesh which was eaten.

"Captain Cook. the other white meat."

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-05 12:24, lanikai wrote:
Quote:

"kicked off the island." ?!
haole dissed the King, killed a Hawaiian then was clubbed and stabbed, and later, his bones stripped of the flesh which was eaten.

I knew all that. I just didn't want to go into all the gory details. After all, it IS the "family hour".

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 3:12 pm   Permalink

We can always use some fun new compilations. I suggest the more obscure the better, for example it would be benificial to include Robert Drasnin in your exotica stuff simply because this is standout stuff! Less caw caw caww and more otherworldly female background vocals. Drasnin does not have nearly as much material as Denny and Lyman but it is so much more musical and thereby more pleasant to listen to. ( sounds incredible with wind chimes too! ).

As for surf stuff, nobody does it better these days than Los Straitjackets. Lots of great material to choose from. Now that I am going on this thread I will have to compile a list. Please Stand by. ..

Mahalo Nui Loa.

T.F

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-16 7:21 pm   Permalink

Any update on these compilations?

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rev. Griz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-17 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

ROFLMAO. As a missionary I should disdain that which makes light of my constant imminent danger of being consumed by the local natives but, hell, that was funny.

View Profile of Rev. Griz Send a personal message to Rev. Griz  Email Rev. Griz Goto the website of Rev. Griz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation