[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki oasis v - accommodations
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
tiki oasis v - accommodations
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-13 11:27 am   Permalink

Jim, this is an unofficial response...
your great idea is one that has been bantered about, as well as many others.

however you should know that Tiki Oasis, although growing out of it's britches, is still a grass roots 'get together', largely ran by helpful volunteers, at a "Drive up Motel!". The Idea is for like minded folks to have a "weekend" of tiki bliss......... Vending is a second, and 'extra plus' for the 'Participants.
The quality (for the most part) of the vendors is also a plus.

Given the 'nature' of the 'Event'... There is almost no way to separate vending from the 'whole package'... the logistics just aren't going to work.

If you are interested in 'a shopping spree', then you should support the "Cruz" New Hawaiian/tiki/surf Show in Nov. I think that show is $8-10

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-13 10:00 pm   Permalink

Al, thanks for the info, we'll definately keep an eye out for the "Cruz" later this year. We'll still bring the tandem on out for a ride by of the Oasis, partly because we celebrated our wedding aniversary by staying at the Caliente for a getaway weekend about 14 months ago, before I found this site, and there were only like 2 or 3 cars in the whole lot! It'll be real cool to see the place hoppin' with the TC crowd.

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 09:56 am   Permalink

Has the third hotel been selected yet? I need to start booking things. HELP!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 11:00 am   Permalink

I second that emotion.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegarz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-23 5:49 pm   Permalink

I Third that emotion....
Anxiously waiting.....

View Profile of thegarz Send a personal message to thegarz  Email thegarz Goto the website of thegarz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-11 3:24 pm   Permalink

I hope I answer some of the questions...

You can buy WEEKEND passes for $40 (until March 15th - after that date we will be sold out)

It will be about the same amount of people as in the past (maybe less). So room in the pool should be fine.

The Vagabond was added as a hotel BUT you will need to buy a weekend pass as it does not come with the room!

Check out:
www.tikinews.com for info

We are human so mistakes in our posts, wording, etc happens.

Hope you all get your tix and can join in on the fun!

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation