FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Would you dog in it's own blood?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Would you dog in it's own blood?
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 10:53 am   Permalink

Just bought a can of "Dog in it's own blood", from a Chinese supermarket.

(pictured here with a Tiki mentioned recently in another thread just in case you think I've just grabbed the photo from the internet).

Anyone tried it? What do you do - just heat and eat? What with? Rice?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 11:05 am   Permalink

No way?! Is that real? Could 'Dog in it's own blood' be something completely different that got screwed up in the translation? Maybe it's supposed to be some kind of blood-flavored dog food. Would this even be legal in the U.S.? Boy, P.E.T.A. would have a field day with this one.

If you really eat this, you must give a review.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2005-01-31 11:11 am   Permalink

That's funny, "Chinese Supermarket" by Dog In Its Own Blood is playing on my Ipod right now!

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 11:17 am   Permalink

Sabu,
Once again... You DA man!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 11:21 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2005-01-31 12:10 pm   Permalink

Don't get your hopes up. The last one I had was just a puppy and the blood was infected!

Don't look!

edited per Tiki-Bot's stomach.

[ This Message was edited by: Hakalugi on 2005-01-31 12:34 ]

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 12:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-31 11:05, finkdaddy wrote:
...Boy, P.E.T.A. would have a field day with this one.

Why? Because Americans only slaughter (or hunt) and eat pigs, cows, chickens, lambs, horses, deer, racoons, possum, every kind of waterfowl, snakes, crocodiles, turtles, grouse, pheasant, and turkeys? But eating dogs is disgusting.

And Haka, I think you need to post your pic as link cuz that's the grossest things I've ever seen on TC. (:-P

/Not a veg...I love all the edible animals.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 1:31 pm   Permalink

That can is totally disgusting, they never use 100% Samoyed. It's almost always mixed in with more mutt than anything, and maybe some cat depending on what the dogs had eaten recently.

Heck, frequently, it's not even the dogs "own" blood. It could be ANY ol' dog's blood for all we know.

Blatantly misleading labelling, for sure.

I used to work at a place near a dog racing track in Colorado, and every Monday morning, they'd bring in all the carcasses of the slow dogs and "donate" them to the comparative anatomy lab. They'd actually stack them on their backs with their legs holding the dog above in place, like how you would stack spoons, sort of.

Side question: Other than fish, I think the meat I eat is of primarily that of herbivores. Are there any carnivore/omnivores that are socially accepted as a meat source here?

Do they feed pigs meat?

Hmmm, is there beef in chicken feed?

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-31 1:42 pm   Permalink

according to Fast Food Nation, some places do (or used to) feed cows and pigs feed that contained parts of dead cows and pigs, etc. this is how the mad cow disease was spreading - animals eating the diseased animal parts (the diseased animals cannot be fed to human but there are or were no law prohibiting them being fed to other animals!).

most people who read Fast Food Nation promptly stop eating Fast Food. On the plus side, I have on good authority that a McDonald's burger is more TVP (texturized vegetable protein; a non-meat) than meat!

As to what animals we choose to eat; wasn't it explained in Pulp Fiction:

<<Jules Winnfield: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent Vega: Yeah but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

Jules Winnfield: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother-fu**ers. Pigs sleep and root in sh**. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eating nothing that ain't got sense enough to disregard his own feces.

Vincent Vega: How 'bout a dog? Dog eats his own feces.

Jules Winnfield: I don't eat dog either.

Vincent Vega: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules Winnfield: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they definitely dirty. But, dog's got personality; personality goes a long way.

Vincent Vega: Ahh, so by that rational, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules Winnfield: Well, we'd have to be talking one charming mother-fu**ing pig.>>

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 2:31 pm   Permalink

I read FFN years ago, but had actually stopped eating fast food 10 years before that. It's a great book and details exactly how fast food got to be what it is today. You're probably right, DG, anyone who reads it probably does stop eating fast food, or at least just patronizes the better quality establishments (Yay, In-N-Out Burger!).

And here's one charming muthaf***in' pig

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-01-31 14:32 ]

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 3:09 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-01-31 4:51 pm   Permalink

oh man... creeps me out, but on the other hand, i collect Samoyed/Spitz/American Eskimo Dogs stuff.

somehow, i think my Dog Club would be freaked if they saw that at the next potluck.

so,
if you find another can, or want to part with that label once you're done snacking.. send it to me!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 6:29 pm   Permalink

Do you have anything without so much Spitz in it?
It has to be Dachshund-Safe, though.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 9:45 pm   Permalink

Groucho Marx used to say:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

(same dog? same roland?)

[ This Message was edited by: donhonyc on 2005-01-31 21:56 ]

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-01 12:20 pm   Permalink

I'm a mog!
~Spaceballs~

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation