FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Eruera Ropiha (Christchurch, NZ)
Eruera Ropiha (Christchurch, NZ)
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 3:59 pm   Permalink

In Christchurch, I had the very good fortune of meeting Eruera at his studio in the Christchurch Arts Centre. Below are some photos taken by my wife.

Eruera's work speaks for itself, so I'll keep this short. But I do want to point out that the flutes that you see in some of the following photos are actual, functional flutes. Eruera sees it as a way of "breathing life" into his art. They have lovely, resonating tones too.

He can be contacted at
eropiha@hotmail.com

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 5:35 pm   Permalink

Hey tikichris, I am SO Envious. for you to have been to NZ and seen probably some of the best wood sculpturers in the world. This art is just fantastic. Thanks for posting these pix. Do you have more that you can post or send to me? I'd Love the full sized shots.
HappyHappyHappy.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 5:37 pm   Permalink

It looks like he used green dye and some red in places. Do you know what he used for the coloring?
Looks great.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation