FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 2/16: Who's going to Trader Vic's in Chicago this month?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
2/16: Who's going to Trader Vic's in Chicago this month?
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-01 09:24 am   Permalink

I finally have a chance to go to one of Trader Vic's Tabu Tiki Nights and I was hoping to see some other TC'ers there.

Any one want to talk tiki while I'm half in the bag this 16th?

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-02-07 01:59 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-01 5:33 pm   Permalink

Heya Fink, good to know that at laest one person is going to come out of hibernation for this month's event. There'll be an official post up in Tiki Events in a few days.

And, er, to answer your question... I'll be attending!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

I will be there too. The last one in December was a blast. And I scored a seat at the bar all night! I think I know what bag you are refering too. Oh, and my younger brother from Montana will be in town staying with me that week. He is really excited to see what this "tiki" thing is all about.

chris

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-01 10:15 pm   Permalink

I'm gonna try and I even sent out a invite to my http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/huimalu fellow members in hopes they will come.

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-07 7:33 pm   Permalink

YA MO' BE THERE!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-07 11:21 pm   Permalink

Lake Tiki returns!

January was a long month without Trader Vic's!

I'll see you all there...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-09 1:43 pm   Permalink

I'll be there with Lissette. We can't wait to come out of hibernation. Today I'll be carving the 3rd of 4 new 13x19" tiki woodcut prints that I'll be releasing at Trader Vic's. I'll give up a couple for the raffle, and hopefully sell enough to cover our bar tab!

Here is a big tip for anyone reluctant to come because of parking, and for those that are paying for parking: Along Monroe St. near the hotel there is free parking after 6pm at the parking meters. It is a tow zone between 4-6, but if you get there around 5:50pm you can beat the competion and wait in your car until 6. We do this every time we go. Even if you don't mind paying $20 for parking, do this and use the money to buy art from me. My art looks better framed than a parking lot stub (usually!).

See you there!

EsQui
http://www.waitingchairgallery.com

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 9:16 pm   Permalink

The tiki raffle I had in December was so popular that I am going to do it again. I will be bringing a 3 - 4 foot tiki down that night and selling raffle tickets for a chance to win it.

Tickets like last time will be 3 for $5.

I'll get a photo of the tiki up within the week...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 06:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-09 13:43, EsQui wrote:
I'll be there with Lissette. We can't wait to come out of hibernation. Today I'll be carving the 3rd of 4 new 13x19" tiki woodcut prints that I'll be releasing at Trader Vic's. I'll give up a couple for the raffle, and hopefully sell enough to cover our bar tab!

Here is a big tip for anyone reluctant to come because of parking, and for those that are paying for parking: Along Monroe St. near the hotel there is free parking after 6pm at the parking meters. It is a tow zone between 4-6, but if you get there around 5:50pm you can beat the competion and wait in your car until 6. We do this every time we go. Even if you don't mind paying $20 for parking, do this and use the money to buy art from me. My art looks better framed than a parking lot stub (usually!).

See you there!

EsQui
http://www.waitingchairgallery.com

When I went to Disneyland for the Enchanted Tiki Room anniversary & Shag Wait-in-Line-athon I had Shag sign my parking stub, maybe I should frame it... But your art should still look better.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 08:47 am   Permalink

Does Trader Vic's have good food? The wahine and I are hoping to stop in early and get a bite to eat and score a good seat.

Any menu suggestions?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 08:55 am   Permalink

The jury is still out on whether I can make
it...will probably be a "gametime" decision...as they say in the sports world.
Chicago is a loooong frickin' ride from
the congatiki room...but on tuesday morning
I could just decide to pull out of work and
get the Buick out for a cruise....sounds like a great turnout...

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 09:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-10 08:55, congatiki wrote:
The jury is still out on whether I can make
it...will probably be a "gametime" decision...as they say in the sports world.
Chicago is a loooong frickin' ride from
the congatiki room...but on tuesday morning
I could just decide to pull out of work and
get the Buick out for a cruise....sounds like a great turnout...

Come on down, it will be a great chance for us to hang out!

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 09:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-10 08:47, finkdaddy wrote:
Does Trader Vic's have good food? The wahine and I are hoping to stop in early and get a bite to eat and score a good seat.

Any menu suggestions?

I say save your money for the drinks, tiki vendors and raffle tickets and fill up on the comp appetizers. We veterans find our stomachs plenty filled by the end of the night... do get there early for a seat though...

'Course if you'd like to order something off the menu go right ahead...

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 10:07 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-02-10 09:28, Lake Surfer wrote:
Quote:

I say save your money for the drinks, tiki vendors and raffle tickets and fill up on the comp appetizers. We veterans find our stomachs plenty filled by the end of the night... do get there early for a seat though...

'Course if you'd like to order something off the menu go right ahead...

Very good, thanks for the advice. I'm going down with tax return money, so I get to have fun for a change! I'll buy plenty of tickets, Dave, and maybe more. See ya there!

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 11:18 am   Permalink

Rumor has it that the management are cutting back a bit on the comp pupus. They'll probably be gone by 8:00, in fact.

The food at Trader Vic's is a bit expensive but very good. If it's your first time there, I'd splurge and get a good meal. Those of you relying on the comp pupus for dinner might want to either eat before coming, or bring some extra dinner money.

Thanks for all of your enthusiasm this month! I haven't even posted an official announcement yet, because you guys seem to have the buzz started for me.

Brings a tear to the eye, it does.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation