FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Central night out in Philadelphia - 2/19
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Central night out in Philadelphia - 2/19
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 12:48 pm   Permalink

Aloha! So, it appears that a lot of people are intereted in going to the Kona Kai to see the Floor Show. Here's the info:

February 19th, 8PM.

Cover: $5/person

Reservations are required, and if they're made in a large group, there's a chance we'll get the best seats in the house, next to the waterfall. Plus, if we make them together, we sit together.

Kona Kai Bamboo Grill
10000 Roosevelt Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19116

If you want to go, please post how many people you'll be bringing, and whether it's a definite. This could be the first TC get together for the Philadelphia Area. And even if they aren't the greatest drinks in the world, it's a chance to meet TC Ohana. Come on out and have a good time!

[ Edited by Humuhumu to add date to subject line ]

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2005-02-06 12:37 ]

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 10:21 am   Permalink

What a great idea... I've been hoping to get together alittle Philly area get-together.

I have to work out my schedule, and make sure I'm not working that night and arrange for child social services to come and take care of my kids for the night... I'll keep you posted!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 3:40 pm   Permalink

Speak of the devil, I was recently thinking about suggesting a Philly-area tiki summit where we could all meet up. So I am interested in attending this event. Last time I was at the Kona Kai they said the only mug I could have a mai tai in was a FROSTED BEER MUG. I immediatly changed my order to a soda rather than risk such heresy.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 6:07 pm   Permalink

WOOHOOO! People are ocming out of hte woodwork. I knew there were tiki people in philly somewhere.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 1:13 pm   Permalink

Gee whiz. I just got back from a few days in fair Philadelphia. Sorry to have missed seeing you all, but hope to get back soon for some tiki fun. Have a blast!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 2:59 pm   Permalink

Anyone from TC who comes to Philly is welcome to a drink at the Hale Tiki.

JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 12:35 pm   Permalink

HaleTiki, being formerly from the Philly area, I'll be there in spirit. I'm feeling a very strong pull of the ol Philly vibe, what with the Superbowl only a few hours away. C'mon Eagles bring it home already!

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 6:08 pm   Permalink

Ok Hale Tiki, my husband and I are definately up for this event so count us in. How soon should we make a group reservation? By the way isnt the show usually Sundays?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGoddess on 2005-02-06 18:09 ]

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 6:40 pm   Permalink

Excellent, that's about 14-ish, though not all TC. I don't know when it normally is, I just went by the date they gave me. I called on 2 different days to confirm. WOOHOOO! MORE TC'ers! This should be a fun night out.

Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 7:57 pm   Permalink

no, the show is the 3rd saturday of every month . My wife and I were there last weekend and talked to a few workers ,they said this time of year the shows aren't that crowded until spring and summer hit. Icalled for the show last month and booked a table for 16 the monday before the show and they had no problem seating it but the show was cancelled due to snow. I can call tomorrow and say a table for 16 again just in case. coming with me and my wife will about 10 other people. post back on here with numbers of people and I'll call tomorrow nite . I had booked the last one for 7pm just so we could be seated in time (the show starts at 7:30)

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 8:51 pm   Permalink

Okay, so it looks like about 16 are coming with your 10. Let's wait till the end of the week to book it though. Some others might crawl out of the woodwork if we keep it at the top of the list.

mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-07 11:10 am   Permalink

so, the 19th in Philly! I grew up in Levittown, and went to Temple U! That weekend is my parent's 50th wedding anniversaary, and mr. pineapple-bot and I won't be there, but we've been instructed by my siblings on the east coast, to go out to dinner and toast mom and dad. Maybe we'll have to go to Trader Vic's and toast them! have a great time, next time we're back east we'll let you all know and we'll check it out!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deery Luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-07 8:40 pm   Permalink

Two of us may be representin' from Baltimore! Gotta check the shedule and I'll let you know for sure!

It's a short drive up 95. Sounds like it'd be a blast!

View Profile of Deery Luau Send a personal message to Deery Luau  Email Deery Luau     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 08:24 am   Permalink

I'm working on getting up to Philly for this event! I'm not setting anything in stone but it isn't that bad a drive to Philly from where I live in Maryland...I'll keep you posted. The babysitting thing is the main obstacle right now...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-08 08:49 am   Permalink

This may turn out to be a fantastic event! Great to see that more people are thining about coming. I figure I'll make the reservation this friday, name: Tiki, or Pele, one of the two.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation