FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Netscapes Firefox Image Zoom extension.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Netscapes Firefox Image Zoom extension.
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 2:07 pm   Permalink

Anyone using Firefox? There is a neat extension called Image Zoom that lets you right click and zoom on any image. Zoom to different strengths. It Really helps if you look at a lot of images.
ALSO, I still have a few more invitations to Gmail if anyone wants to try it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 2:58 pm   Permalink

Benz,

I've been using Firefox for a couple months now and I love it. Being a long-time Mac user, I was bummed when Netscape stopped doing upgrades, so I switched to IE. Then, IE stopped doing upgrades for Mac. It's nice to know that SOMEBODY has something new for us. The only feature that IFirefox doesn't have yet that I miss is "Autofill". I know that once you enter info for a specific site it remembers it, but sometimes us Tiki people are in a rush to buy something and not having autofill sets us back.

Another great reason to switch over to Firefox is for its privacy and security features. I've read several articles stating that it's the safest way to browse the internet.

Firefox home page

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 3:07 pm   Permalink

Tabbed browsing rox.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 3:17 pm   Permalink

It's not that it's more secure, just like a Mac is not more secure than a Windows machine, it's just that it's not a big target.

It also will not completely uninstall. If you want to get rid of Firefox and go back to IE, you will be hosed in some ways. Those pages that look good in IE and wrong in Firefox, may get screwed up forever.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 3:41 pm   Permalink

I was hooked onto Firefox by a friend and have never looked back.

I'd love to permanently uninstall IE but stupid windowz won't let me. Did I mention that I've been forced to use to Win ME here at work? How can this get any worse.

A least I have a home computer I love to use!

Thanks Ben, I wasn't aware of that nifty feature!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-02 3:42 pm   Permalink

Since I use a PC at work and a Mac at home I love Firefox's Extension feature called Synchronize Bookmarks which uploads my bookmarks to an ftp site when I go home at night, and downloads them when I start Firefox on my Mac.

And the Adblock extension is great too!

[ This Message was edited by: thejab on 2005-02-02 15:43 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-02 14:58, MachTiki wrote:
The only feature that IFirefox doesn't have yet that I miss is "Autofill". I know that once you enter info for a specific site it remembers it, but sometimes us Tiki people are in a rush to buy something and not having autofill sets us back.

Whatchoo talkin' about? My Firefox has Autofill. But I'm on a PC here at work, maybe it's a Mac/Firefox thing.

For those of you who are open-minded Firefoxy folks, you might also like to meet two of my dearest friends:

GAIM
All-in-one open source instant messaging tool. Lets you run a whole slew of protocols, including AIM, MSN & Yahoo!IM.

GIMP
It's just like Photoshop. Only free. Nuff said.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 4:30 pm   Permalink

I still use IE Sometimes like getting images from Shutterfly. I haven't figured out how to do that in Firefox.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 4:51 pm   Permalink

I've used FF for about 3 months and love it, too. I have no problem keeping IE on my machine, though, since I occasionally run into a page that FF has trouble with. Remember, most website builders optimize their pages to IE, so it's a good idea to keep it around just in case.

I wonder if there is a way for bookmarks to open automagically as new tabs instead of having to scroll down and select "Open in new tab"? Anyone know?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-02-02 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-02 16:51, Tiki-bot wrote:

I wonder if there is a way for bookmarks to open automagically as new tabs instead of having to scroll down and select "Open in new tab"? Anyone know?

Go to ToolsOptionsAdvancedTabbed BrowsingSelect new tabs opened from Bookmarks or History

I tried that and it didn't work though.

[ This Message was edited by: thejab on 2005-02-02 17:09 ]

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 5:21 pm   Permalink

I had already tried that. Hmmm...

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 5:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-02 16:25, Humuhumu wrote:
Whatchoo talkin' about? My Firefox has Autofill. But I'm on a PC here at work, maybe it's a Mac/Firefox thing.

Humu,

After you posted that I looked again at extensions available to download and sure enough there it was.

Thanks!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-02-02 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-02 17:21, Tiki-bot wrote:
I had already tried that. Hmmm...

Here's one way to open bookmarks in a new tab: If you have a middle scroll wheel on your mouse, if you push it to click on a link it opens it in a new tab. This works for links and bookmarks.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-02 17:45, thejab wrote:
Here's one way to open bookmarks in a new tab: If you have a middle scroll wheel on your mouse, if you push it to click on a link it opens it in a new tab. This works for links and bookmarks.

Ooh! Fancy!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Works! Cool!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation