FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Netscapes Firefox Image Zoom extension.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Netscapes Firefox Image Zoom extension.
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-02 8:52 pm   Permalink

Try Trillian for your instant messenging. It combines AOL, Yahoo, IRC and WinMessenger into one app. All your buddies in one list and such. Pretty nice.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 10:10 am   Permalink

Try the BB Code extension, it gives you a right-click context menu to access BBCode, HTML & XHTML formatting.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 07:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-02 20:52, Swanky wrote:
Try Trillian for your instant messenging. It combines AOL, Yahoo, IRC and WinMessenger into one app. All your buddies in one list and such. Pretty nice.

I agree with Swanky with trillian, a very good program basic is free, Pro is pay.

Then I found
Im2 real close to trillian but completely free

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 08:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-04 07:59, tikimug wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-02-02 20:52, Swanky wrote:

I agree with Swanky with trillian, a very good program basic is free, Pro is pay.

Then I found Im2 real close to trillian but completely free

Actually, IM2 is Trillian. They got the code somehow and resold it as a new product. Trillian sued them for it, but I don't knwo what came of it.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 09:45 am   Permalink

How does Trillian compare to GAIM?

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 3:40 pm   Permalink

Just found a cool feature is Firefox while testing the new Tiki Central changes.

They call it "Smart keywords" and it allows you to assign a text keyword to a search box on any page.

The end result is I can type:

tc firefox

in the Address bar, and Firefox will pull up a Tiki Central search for Firefox, on the results page. So now whenever I want to search TC I can just type tc and the keyword I want in the address bar, even if I'm on another site.

How to do it:

• go to Tiki Central's search page
  • Set all the search settings you want (what forums, what type of sorting)
  • Right-click in the search field and choose "add keyword for this search"
  • in the box that opens up, type "Tiki Central search" for the title, and type "tc" for the keyword. Click okay.

Now, when you type tc [keyword] you'll be taken to the search results page for TC. if you're a shortcut guy like I am, you can press CTRL-L to put your cursor in the address bar, then type out your search. It's very cool.

I've set a few up for various sites already.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:57 pm   Permalink

Another way to open a bookmark is to Drag it to the "New Tab" icon on the tolbar.. Neat.
Don't have the New Tab icon on your toolbar? Right click the toolbar and choose Customize. Drag the new icon to where ever you want it on your toolbar, More neat.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation