FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-15 09:15 am   Permalink

GROG guess then, GROG is the best Bamboo Ben comic artist out there because nobody else does a Bamboo Ben comic. There are craploads of better cartoonists out there, so as long as GROG can keep them from doing a Bamboo Ben comic, then GROG is best in his field. Maybe next time GROG draw it upside down, so GROG best in two fields. Best Bamboo Ben comic artist, and best upside down Bamboo Ben comic artist. Woohoo!

You're 6'10!!! Damn! You must bump your head often going thru doorways. If you walk on knuckles, like GROG you not have that problem.

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2006-12-15 10:10 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 7:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-15 09:15, GROG wrote:
GROG guess then, GROG is the best Bamboo Ben comic artist out there because nobody else does a Bamboo Ben comic. There are craploads of better cartoonists out there, so as long as GROG can keep them from doing a Bamboo Ben comic, then GROG is best in his field. Maybe next time GROG draw it upside down, so GROG best in two fields. Best Bamboo Ben comic artist, and best upside down Bamboo Ben comic artist. Woohoo!

You're 6'10!!! Damn! You must bump your head often going thru doorways. If you walk on knuckles, like GROG you not have that problem.

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2006-12-15 10:10 ]

GOT GROG?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 8:17 pm   Permalink

where there is smoke there is fire and where there is Ben, there's Grog.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 10:08 pm   Permalink

A study for Grogs next comic!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 11:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-15 22:08, RevBambooBen wrote:

Got Plumber?

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 02:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-15 23:16, MakeDaMug wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-12-15 22:08, RevBambooBen wrote:

Got Plumber?

maybe tikifram can make a christmas butt mug, just and idea, if you make one please send me one becasue it's my idea, and maybe a swizzle, thanks.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-16 04:04 am   Permalink

It's hard to read the tattoo without zooming in.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 1:17 pm   Permalink

Okay, so the previous few posts are funny, but what do they have to do with "teaKEY's tiki?" Must you gentlemen hijack everything in sight?

Really nice "Moai" mug teaKEY!

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2006-12-16 13:20 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 1:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks Jen, Alittle Hijacking is OK but did you really have to go there?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:21 pm   Permalink

Hey TeaKEY -

Moai is looking good! And thanks for the (semi-weird) compliment on my mugs

Is the moai mug going to be fired as-is, or is this a master sculpt for molding?

VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 09:07 am   Permalink

VAn- "And thanks for the (semi-weird) compliment on my mugs".
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Yeah, All compliments. There is nothing better than a tiki mug. I love them all. Little sculptures that you can use.
It seems that all good artists find their niche and we all do things differently (style). This can only be a good thing and the collectors benefit greatly.

"Van- Q: Is the moai mug going to be fired as-is, or is this a master sculpt for molding?"

Fired as is. One of one. BenZarts design, although there are slight differences that I'm noticing but still Ben essence, I hope. It will sit proudly as a highlight to my collection.

kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-17 12:15 pm   Permalink

nice work teaKEY. great first effort. i hope you're gonna keep making more.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 07:08 am   Permalink

teaKEY, I am thoroughly Impressed!. So far, you have really captured the Benzart Essence in your mug. Here is a picture of both side by side so you can see how close you are:

I appreciate your asking first and I can't Wait to see how he turns out
There are some areas that could use slight tweaking, but it seems that you have it under control. Well Done so far. Thanks!!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 08:13 am   Permalink

Thanks BenZart,
I see now from this new picture of yours that there are a lot more differences that I couldn't see in the other pictures. I used a side view for the distance of the mouth, but now I see yours sticks out farther. Ofcourse, the nose is shorter on yours and the width changes quicker.

With the ear, I did even know you had the cuts go middle to edge with semicircle cuts and raise up before they drop out to the next cut and the middle has less material than the ends. I got them that way now.

I wanted it be a match as a tribute to your actual current Moai but what I got, I still love. Since I was just going off some pictures and have never seen your work in person, I felt like I was creating an Devinci work from hundreds of year old plans.

Gecko's necklace that you made for him with the headdress is such a powerful identity piece, meaning that he is the only one with that and if you saw the necklace apart from him, you who still think Gecko, that how this mug is now for me. And their both BenZart.

I added your name to the bottom of the mug. I hope that you are fine with that. You are half of this mug being that you are the designer. The Artist card will explain more.

The back is cool too. I took the whole survivor finally to cut the letters just right. I will send you pictures in the mail in the future and keep you updated.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 08:22 am   Permalink

I think that if I did it again, I could nail it, but thats never going to happen. I don't like to do the same thing twice.

Maybe we can leave that up to TikiFarm. Your other mugs aren't a Moai so it worth doing another one. This year, next year or in ten years as an anniversary mug for something. A shelf full of BenZart heads (or bodies) would be killer.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation