FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-29 09:13 am   Permalink

Nice Job on the lamps! I am playing with the idea of making some for my show tent. Would love to have some by the time Hukilau rolls around.

The painting looks interesting, great start!...some Van Gogh-like swirls in the background would be nice!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-29 6:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks ZeroStreet

Didn't end up going with the swirls but like how its turning out. I knew Van Gogh was a master painter but I finding out just how good. Making those marks in wet paint is somethings a no go. Not sure how he did it unless he let parts dry but not likely.

Here is a close up on His work

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-03 06:47 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2010-12-29 08:08, teaKEY wrote:
A oil painting for my Dad. Its a 12*16 size roughly.

first pic

most current

About the third painting I've done and the first oil painting so I had no clue what to expect. When I would place a new dab of painting (different color) on top of the wet paint before it, it would sometimes pull the old color off and not apply the new color. I would really like to take some painting classes now. I understand Van Gogh much more now and even though I'm happy with the level of painting I got, I also know how far off I am from a painter like Vincent. I think this painting isn't much like his style but he sure did help me to produce this style. His is more like the face has different colored hairs of paint around the face and so many colors that shouldn't be there but are present to make the total picture work.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation