FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
teaKEY's got a Bar or two *Update*
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-30 12:04 pm   Permalink

TeaKEY, what's happening with that painting? I love the fish, very nice (great texture), but I want to see more of that painting.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 03:47 am   Permalink

here is more. I know super bad pic and I will probably fix that later, but at least you can see what direction was taken. Everything is paint. That little guy in the back is seen elsewhere in a United Airlines post.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 03:47 am   Permalink

here is more. I know super bad pic and I will probably fix that later, but at least you can see what direction was taken. Everything is paint. That little guy in the back is seen elsewhere in a United Airlines post.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-01-05 03:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2006-01-05 03:50 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 04:31 am   Permalink

here is two of the three mugs that my dad made for my birthday. Its like a tall shag. Although, its very unusual because it may be the first and only to have a "dry mouth" The mouth is separate from the rest. I just planted a cactus in it last night. I started to love cat us and need to read more about them. I think that you can just clip a bit off and start a new plant?

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 06:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-05 04:31, teaKEY wrote:
here is two of the three mugs that my dad made for my birthday. Its like a tall shag. Although, its very unusual because it may be the first and only to have a "dry mouth" The mouth is separate from the rest. I just planted a cactus in it last night. I started to love cat us and need to read more about them. I think that you can just clip a bit off and start a new plant?

teaKEY, you should have you Dad post some step-by-step info on his mugs, they're really nice & I'd like to know more about how to put them together. Are they thrown, coil wound, carved from a block? What does he fire them to? What glazes does he use?

And different Cacti have different regrowing ability, I don't think that the one you have in that mug is one you can just snip off a bit of, but I think you might be able to separate the group into individual cacti.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-01-05 06:59 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 2:37 pm   Permalink

Yeah, you must hand it to a dad who would do such a limited edition mug for you. Cheers to him! Also I like the piece with the little UA Mene in it too.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 12:50 pm   Permalink

Here is a tiki bowl that I am thinking about selling. Its a one of a kind and actually, the only tiki bowl that I own. I made it and have never seen another bowl that looks equally as good upside down. If anyone has seen another this way, I'd like to know. Its a bowl right-side up and a moai hill the other way. Two display items in one. I will see if anyone wants it first before I try out Ebay. Another first, is that its the first art piece I made and will sell. I am looking forward to give has trio of Moai a good home.

To the first of something else to come

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 3:08 pm   Permalink

^ Well, my bowl sold. I told the guy to come check out TC and he said that he recently did. I'm so glad that my work is liked by another and that my moai got out from behind the cereal boxes.

I thought that I would show one of my mask I did in clay which probably got me into tiki. This is an African mask, which most, if not all are made in wood. I did this one in clay which is just like a tiki because tiki mug are faces in clay. Its sort of Shag-like being so simple but I did this one when shag to me was just a British word.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 4:04 pm   Permalink

teaKEY, I'm happy you sold your bowl.. So many artists auction their art but end up not selling, so Congrats. It was a Very unique bowl and you should be proud. Your "African" mask looks like it could be from PNG possibly so you weren't that far off. It looks familiar and I think it is similar to an old mask posted here some time ago.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 4:16 pm   Permalink

nice work teakey!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 4:28 pm   Permalink

Great mask teakey!
The FANG tribe make masks that look very similar to that. In fact, some speculate that Tiki Bob himself was created using a FANG mask as reference.
Here is one:

"The Fang tribe are spread over a vast area along the Atlantic coast line of equatorial Africa and can be found in Cameroon equatorial Guinea and Gabon namely along the bank of the Ogowe river."

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 5:13 pm   Permalink

Yeah, when you just type tiki in the Ebay search, there are a billion items that labeled tiki and a million that never sell. I tend to think that people use the tiki label to sell off their stuff. I guess its the hot word.

Tikiwahine -I like this style mask and wouldn't mine having a that mask that you posted. I like how its longer and has that bit of red. I will have to look up Fang and admire more of these great mask. I personally think that they represent man better that other mask ever. Its simplicity. But for being an African mask, it sure looks like an white man.

This mask got me started into tiki, what if it got the South Pacific started into tiki? We know tiki history very well so does anyone know the first tiki mug that Don or Vic used? BigBro? Anyone?
Thanks for liking ya ll

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:09 pm   Permalink

I like the mask, if it brought you to tiki then it did its job. It may be a fang mask, but I agree with Benzart: PNG stuff looks very similar to it.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 09:39 am   Permalink

So the first tiki mug is unknown.

I'm very excited that I just made my little pufferfish into a puffer-lamp. Its just enough to produce the final element for my tiki mood. Drink in mug, my light, and some good music.

lite

Now, I know there is a special post for just puffer lights but this goes to my next sentense. And the whole thing only cost me about 12.00 and is now priceless.

Ookoo Lady is one of the nicest people would I have never meet and I wanted to send her a special little surprise in the mail. I guess that the package was lost in the mail for over a month and finally arrived.
Its what all tiki bars need. Its a close-up and first watercolor.

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 12:22 pm   Permalink

That's pretty damn nice! How big? You stayed loose and it worked out very well. Good job!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation