[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge R.I.P. Dean Vernon Wormer
R.I.P. Dean Vernon Wormer
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-03 9:18 pm   Permalink

Actor John Vernon of 'Animal House' Dies

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050204/ap_en_mo/obit_vernon

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 02:06 am   Permalink

RIP Mr. Vernon.

'Animal House' was one of the first...if not the first.. 'R' rated films I ever saw. My dad took me to see it when it came out in 1978. I was a youngin then. John Vernon is one of those talented actors that only needed one role to burn himself in the minds of all movie-goers and should be given credit for that.

"You're all on double secret probation"

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 02:53 am   Permalink

He also played the role of the super asshole cop in "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" one of which used him as a puppet. He did a great job in that, too, silly campy drive-in movie that it was.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Bob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 09:24 am   Permalink

"FAT, DRUNK AND STUPID IS NO WAY TO GO THROUGH LIFE SON..."

View Profile of Bamboo Bob Send a personal message to Bamboo Bob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Fletcher in "The Outlaw Josey Wales"! He had a great line in that movie-"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."Classic.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:29 am   Permalink

He put in a good performance as Mal Reese in "Point Blank". Rent it if you haven't seen it. Lee Marvin, Keenan Wynn, Angie Dickinson, and Carol O'Connor also star and there are some great Los Angeles mid-century era buildings in the movie as well as shots in San Francisco & Alcatraz.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:32 am   Permalink

Delta Audio

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation