FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Island style coffee house next door to House of Tiki?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Island style coffee house next door to House of Tiki?
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 01:50 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Just curious what TCers think about a hawaiian style coffee joint. I have had the idea for a long time but just recently aquired the space next to me. Would love to hear your input. My thought is to offer really good coffee and tropical smoothies, as well as island sweets and maybe shave ice for summer (?) Other ideas include: Ukulele lessons on certain nights, local artists showcase, hawaiian videos on a flat panel tv, wireless internet (???), local papers and mags etc. all in a very relaxed bamboo encrusted setting.
I have a huge list of names I came up with but narrowed it down to these few (let me know what you think)
1.Hot Lava java
2.Island Grinds
3.Ukulele Cafe
4.Island Bean
5.Hukilau Cafe (over-used?)
6.Aloha Cafe
7.Kahunas Koffee
8.Kailua Cafe
Any suggestions, comments, etc. please respond or drop me an email:
tikishop@sbcglobal.net

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 07:40 am   Permalink

If you build it...I will come. Please do.
My vote goes for "Hot Lava Java".

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 08:22 am   Permalink

Good idea. I like Island Grinds.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 09:04 am   Permalink

Oooo ... good name! Hot Lava Java mmmmm...

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-02-04 11:21 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 09:08 am   Permalink

I like Hot Lava Java too. Best wishes to you on this venture, Wes. Can't wait for the Grand Opening!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 10:23 am   Permalink

Mahalos for the input! I too like Hot Lava Java and coincidently got turned on to a very cool mug that would fit right in to that theme! I will start destructing the interior March 1. Anyone who wants to pick up a sledge hammer and get your frustrations out is welcome to do so. I am hoping to have it done by May and will have a very Grand opening. Smokin' Menehunes, are you listening?

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:39 am   Permalink

Wes --
I'll help you tear that sucker down. Sounds like a visit for Bruce Lee.... WATAH!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-04 12:02 pm   Permalink

there is a hawaiian themed coffee joint below the embassy suites in downtown san diego, last I was there. they played live music at night and sold beer as well. neat idea, kind of dive-y.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 12:15 pm   Permalink

How about dishing out Lapperts ice cream? ...... banana fudge..... mmmmmm........

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:40 pm   Permalink

oops!

[ This Message was edited by: shakatiki on 2005-02-04 23:50 ]

shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:49 pm   Permalink

Great ideas! Island Grinds is another one of my faves but a friend in the south bay has a catering biz with same name. Hey Pup, Howzabout a bannana fudge mocha? Danger, do you know the name of the place in SD?

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 10:39 am   Permalink

Hey Wes, that's going to be great! Is it where the chicken/burger joint was or the flower/gift shop? I don't think you can go wrong having it next to House of Tiki, they will support each other perfectly.

I own a sledge hammer!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 10:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-04 07:40, tikitortured wrote:
If you build it...I will come. Please do.
My vote goes for "Hot Lava Java".

Sorry folks - the name went many years ago. It's made by Taylors of Harrogate (Yorkshire UK) and is the best coffee on the market.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 11:12 am   Permalink

How about just "Lava Java" ?

I think it's got a nice ring to it...

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconutkiss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 12:43 pm   Permalink

Sure, we can help with the demo. also, scott is a tile contractor if you need some tile done in the new joint, he can maybe help (or help you get a discount on some tile). you've met him-he's the one that was talking to you at the Aloha Days in Hermosa-right before he got nailed with the "open container" ticket from the wonderful hermosa bch police. Let us know if you need help at gina@coconutkiss.com

View Profile of coconutkiss Send a personal message to coconutkiss  Email coconutkiss Goto the website of coconutkiss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation