FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Cheekytiki's on his way to LA and the Oasis
Cheekytiki's on his way to LA and the Oasis
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 2:25 pm   Permalink

Myself and my other half Anjy are going to be coming over to LA on the 30th of April, then we are going to drive up for the Oasis.
If anyone would like to meet up and help show us a few of the local tiki spots and any others, it would be great.
Also, I plan on getting a fair bit of surfing in during the days if anyones up for that.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-04 11:20 pm   Permalink

Jeez, its a hard life for some? Yeh, I admit it, I'm, just jealous...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 09:16 am   Permalink

Cheeky, check with Tiki Bong. He might be up for surfing.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 12:26 pm   Permalink

I'll hook up w/ you guys at the Tiki Ti? Long time no see.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 1:01 pm   Permalink

Hiya, Cheeky! Welcome to California! Looking forward to meeting you and raising a few frosty cups at Oasis.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 6:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha Cheeky,

I've really appreciated your great art, posts, and helpful comments. It will be great to finally meet you at Oasis.

See you in May,

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-09 12:46 am   Permalink

Thanks guys looking forward to meeting you too.
Does anyone know of any apartment rentals we could try for the week we are in LA, Close-ish to any of the beaches?
Also could anyone score me something to carve as a friend has asked me to do a piece for him whilst I'm there.
Thanks

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-10 09:25 am   Permalink

I've got some Mexican Fan Palm if you'd like. How big a piece are you doing? These logs are all only about 16-18" long, maybe 9 or 10" diameter. Is that big enough? PM me.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 06:22 am   Permalink

The plan so far -
Saturday night- Surfin' Sundays-Huntington Beach-Sand Devils if it's still on with everyone else (Bongo fury?) and hopefully find somewhere down there if anyone knows of a reasonable hotel or whatever.
Sunday- chill out, get over jet lag,hopefully get a surf in, then if anyone has a suggestion for a good Sunday night thing.
Mon - Check out Disneyland and probably be staying up in Santa Monica until thurs when we are going to head to Palm springs via OA.
Any suggestions for other things would be welcome, good bands, bars, food etc.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-04-14 07:39 am   Permalink

Wednesday the 4th, may I suggest the Tiki-Ti?

We'll be there!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 08:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-14 06:22, cheekytiki wrote:
The plan so far -
Saturday night- Surfin' Sundays-Huntington Beach-Sand Devils if it's still on with everyone else (Bongo fury?) and hopefully find somewhere down there if anyone knows of a reasonable hotel or whatever.
Sunday- chill out, get over jet lag,hopefully get a surf in, then if anyone has a suggestion for a good Sunday night thing.
Mon - Check out Disneyland and probably be staying up in Santa Monica until thurs when we are going to head to Palm springs via OA.
Any suggestions for other things would be welcome, good bands, bars, food etc.

Man, I'll be out of town (getting back just in time for Oasis) and would have loved to do Disneyland with you! If for some reason the trip gets cancelled I'm in, if that's cool...It's the start of the 40th Anniv.

Check out
http://www.ocweekly.com/index2.php for OC happenings

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 10:23 am   Permalink

Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio will play the Purple Orchid in El Segundo Saturday, April 30th. It will be a killer show!

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2005-04-14 10:24 ]

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 11:07 am   Permalink

Man I can be dumb sometimes.
Surfin sundays is obviously not on Saturday, so maybe we can go to the Purple Orchid after all.

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:15 am   Permalink

If anyones interesed we are going to The Lava Lounge tonight and will be at the Tiki Ti tomorrow

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 11:26 am   Permalink

Hey Cheeky,

I just emailed you from work. I'll be there tonight with a friend you might want to meet.

Check your messages and see you tonight.

Cheers.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation