[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki lighting fixtures
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki lighting fixtures
El Boracho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-05 4:28 pm   Permalink

Anyone know of any good place in Los Angeles or a website to pick up a tiki lighting fixture? I want to hang up a cool lighting fixture from my ceiling so it hangs above my dining room table. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

~El B

View Profile of El Boracho Send a personal message to El Boracho  Email El Boracho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 4:54 pm   Permalink

WELCOME TO TIKI CENTRAL! You've come to the right place. There's quite a few people on here that make excellent lighting. Some from tapa cloth, some from bamboo, and some from redwood. What type of lighting are you looking for, and I can very happily direct you to the right person.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 5:52 pm   Permalink

El Boracho, there's a place just south of you on Abbot Kinney called Cabana Joe's, a bit more generically tropical, and on the high end of the pricing range, but they have their own line of light fixtures, and some of them are pretty cool. They also have a few vintage items (like chunky resin lamps), but marked way up. If you've got time to venture outside of Los Angeles, Oceanic Arts has a rather large lighting selection, and are much more traditionally tiki. Oceanic Arts has tricky operating hours, though.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2005-02-05 17:58 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-05 8:51 pm   Permalink

Jamie-
Give me a call, and we will get you hooked up.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2005-02-05 9:22 pm   Permalink

aloha,
if none of the other suggestions fit your bill, maybe you might be interested in some of the lamps that our very own kahaka makes?
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=10230&forum=7
His are mostly hanging lamps. Hope this helps

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dhillaby

Posted: 2007-02-21 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-05 16:54, Hale Tiki wrote:
WELCOME TO TIKI CENTRAL! You've come to the right place. There's quite a few people on here that make excellent lighting. Some from tapa cloth, some from bamboo, and some from redwood. What type of lighting are you looking for, and I can very happily direct you to the right person.

Just stumbled across this forum. I've already looked at and contacted kahaka. However if there are others that make them please point me in the right direction

Thanks

View Profile of dhillaby Send a personal message to dhillaby      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2007-02-21 6:07 pm   Permalink

So, you've already contacted Kahaka...and checked out Oceanic arts (they're lamps selection ROCKS - they even have vintage ones occasionally that they rescue from old tiki bars), then check out:

Onatiki makes great tapa lamps. His hang at many restaurants too. Here's his thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=13700&forum=7&start=225&hilite=onatiki

I make Fish float lamps:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21320&forum=7&start=15&hilite=polynesiac
or www.polynesiac.com for my myspace. Lemme know if you're interested.

Tipsymcstagger makes some cool lamps too:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22270&forum=12&hilite=tipsy

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone....please post if I did.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 8:24 pm   Permalink

El B!

PM sent...

Mahalos!
Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dhillaby

Posted: 2007-02-23 12:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the links Polynesiac and nice work on your lights. In particular I'm looking for wall sconces.

Kahaka has a couple really nice ones that might fit the room. I'm also considering trying to find some tiki masks with open mouths and eyes that may work as a shade in front of the wall socket.

View Profile of dhillaby Send a personal message to dhillaby      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 12:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-23 12:36, dhillaby wrote:
Thanks for the links Polynesiac and nice work on your lights. In particular I'm looking for wall sconces.

Kahaka has a couple really nice ones that might fit the room. I'm also considering trying to find some tiki masks with open mouths and eyes that may work as a shade in front of the wall socket.

i can make you some wall sconces if you like.....let me know.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 4:15 pm   Permalink

Pictures 2,3,5,6,7,8 on page 1 are a few of the lamps I make here is a link
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13682&forum=7

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-23 16:15, keigs20 wrote:
Pictures 2,3,5,6,7,8 on page 1 are a few of the lamps I make here is a link
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13682&forum=7

well....that definately trumps my hand!! ...bastard!!! i love that stuff.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-05 6:46 pm   Permalink

This is the light over the card table in my Tiki lounge. I like the amount of light it provides for playing cards, but need to Tiki it up a bit. I was thinking about some type of bamboo shades for the bottom, maybe gluing some Tiki Heads (I like the one I have from GoTiki) on the centerpost. What can be done about the chain...although I see chains on puffer fish, I am not fond of them and wonder about threading raffia or something through it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I always look at the Home Tiki Bar threads and people post pictures with the lights on and then with only mood lighting. What is the general guide on mood lighting...any particular color (like green or orange)? I will eventually be getting some puffer fish lamps and glass floats, but in the meantime I am thinking about putting just the small green xmas lights under the lip of my bar...they won't show but will glow green...does this sound appropriate? Thanks for any help.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-05 7:14 pm   Permalink

Hello and welcome to TC!
I'm Tikiskip and I make tiki bar lights.

In fact one of my lights sits in Svens house.
{QUOTE Sven}
On 2011-07-15 22:24, bigbrotiki wrote:
Skip, I've been a fan of your lamps fo evva. Your love of detail, your aging techniques, the visible time spent on each piece make them the only lamps I would hang among my vintage ones. One day I am gonna get me one of those cork ones!

I do sell these lights every now and then, so let me know if ya need something.
(You can PM me here from Tikicentral)
This is not how I make a living though so it is a fun hobby for me.
Thank you and please take a look at my works....
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18485&forum=18&722

-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-Google "Tiki bar lights" To find TIKISKIP-=*=--=*=--=*=--=*=-

:-:*''""*:.-::-**-::-:*''""*:.-:

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-12-06 17:00 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 7:19 pm   Permalink

in my bar area I used orange lighting as it brings out the natural colour of the bamboo etc and is like a nice tropical orange sunset..

I also used green xmas type lights under the canopy in my bar and the back-side of the bar top and they worked well for a little glow and lighting in the mixing area..

you could cover the chain with a piece of bamboo or wrap with rope which works well..

Don't let Bamboo Ben see those white walls!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation