FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 'official' tabu tiki nights NEW INFO - GOOD NEWS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
'official' tabu tiki nights NEW INFO - GOOD NEWS
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-16 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:
Hope everyone who is anywhere near Chicago can make the drive tonight - this is going to be a real monster of a Tiki-fest.

Ya hear that everyone...

Git yer butts down to Trader Vic's tonight!
Let's show those bastards at Hilton that we can throw one hell of a party... with or without their help

And come and support James and AJ for the hard work and now $$$$ out of their own pockets!

TIKI WILL NEVER DIE!

No excuses!
No "but it's a weeknight."

Come down for a drink or two, relax, let the soothing sounds of Exotica take you away from the cold, snow and road salt.

This event is for you, the tiki faithful!

This is also the only place this month where you can get handmade tiki art from local artists! Artists with a passion for tiki!

Now that I'm done with my rant...

I'm going to get into my car and pay tolls, drive 150 miles round trip and fight Chicago traffic...

FOR TIKI!

SEE YOU THERE!

(Oh, and bring money, there's a big tiki raffle!)

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 05:08 am   Permalink

wow the night flew by! Thanks tikibars for making the night happen after all. Whata treat to meet some of the people behind the names from here.
The All-Star ukuleles were a big hit as well with my friends.
I even came home with one of Lake Surfers' tikis tucked under my arm. You can't beat a night like that.
Congatiki, and Finkdaddy, I hope you all are getting more sleep than I did. 5:00am came WHY TOO EARLY for me today. So early in fact that this almost qualifies as a drunk posting! whew! Gonna be a long day...
Great fun!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 4:16 pm   Permalink

exotica59...i'm with you...a great time
last night but the "mother of all hangovers"
today...musta been the suffering bastard
at the end of the night....very sick morning...but a very fun night...great
to see the finkdaddys...esqui and lissette...and everyone!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 08:39 am   Permalink

Aloha Congatiki and Exotica59! The drive home was way too long, but made it home safely. I had so much fun with all of you. It was so nice to meet everyone new. It's always fun to put a face to a username, and to talk to you again Gary. Next time I'll make sure I can stay for the whole night, then we can party right!

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-02-18 08:39 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 4:52 pm   Permalink

Had a great time with everyone at Vics...
thanks Tikibars for making it happen...
never had a chance to meet the manager
if he was there...thanks to him too!
I can't believe the hotel management
wouldn't want this to happen at LEAST once
a month...is the problem too many half
price zombies? We could always toss in a
suffering bastard once if a while if they
would feel better! Thanks again.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-20 10:07 am   Permalink

What a great time those Tabu nights are! I brought my brother and his girlfriend who are from Bozeman Montana. I was the lucky winner of the great Esqui tiki print and my brother's girlfriend, Melissa, was the grand prize winner of that great Lake Surfer tiki carving. Lake Surfer's tiki is now going to have a home in Montana (unless I can talk them into letting it stay with me!). We all had a great time that night. As always, James did a great job hosting such a great event. And hats off to the musicians and the artists that participated.

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: tiki junkman on 2005-02-20 10:09 ]

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-20 12:16 pm   Permalink

Junkman, your bro was telling me that he might take the print and let you keep the Tiki, since it would be a drag to take the Tiki home on the plane!

Here's some pics of the event (inlcuding Melissa with her winnings!).

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 09:19 am   Permalink

You were right James... My brother Brad and his girlfriend Melissa left yesterday back to Montana (they are the two holding that huge tiki from Lake Surfer in the pics you posted). I am packing up the print to send out to them and am keeping that carving (for now). They couldn't stop talking about Tabu Tiki night the whole time they were in town. I just hope Tabu Tiki Nights stick around.

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation