FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge What in yer opinion is the superlative breakfast beer?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
What in yer opinion is the superlative breakfast beer?
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 09:33 am   Permalink

One need'nt get staggering to enjoy a fine malt product before noon, and some go very well with toast and marmalade.

While camping (if not working a chainsaw or shooting or some such)I quite enjoy Irish Dry Stouts early in the day. They complement both fruit and bacon, jerky and campy cuisine, and often come in cans for less garbage to haul away.

And you?

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope on 2005-02-12 09:33 ]

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 11:04 am   Permalink

I prefer an amber ale in a chilled glass while attending my annual AA brunch meeting.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 12:32 pm   Permalink

SPARKS!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2005-02-12 12:49 pm   Permalink

Adolf Hitler drank a beer every morning.

**** Please Note ****

Relax! I am in no way attempting to make some connection between those that drink beer in the am and Der Furor. I despise the bastard. I was only stating a fact.

P.S. I drink Bud Lite with my wheat toast.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 2:40 pm   Permalink

An ice cold Tecate straight outta the can with lime juice & salt sprinkled on top. Goes especially well with that 1/2 leftover Carne Asada burrito you brought home from the taco stand last night after the bar closed.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 2:40 pm   Permalink

Not a beer drinker anymore,but welcome back,Gigantalope! Been wondering where you were-you always come up with the best questions!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 4:54 pm   Permalink

Gigantalope gives good poll.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 5:55 pm   Permalink

SPARKS?!? - Oh Hell no. Never, never, never again.

But I'd have to go with Sunshine Wheat by
Odell's in Fort Collins, CO (Also home of 'Fat Tire' by New Belgium brewery). It and their 90 Shilling are the only beers that I have found that I like.

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki on 2005-02-12 17:55 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 6:16 pm   Permalink

Boddingtons

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-12 09:33, Gigantalope wrote:
One need'nt get staggering to enjoy a fine malt product before noon, and some go very well with toast and marmalade.

At it again with the marmalade, are you? You've been off on a camping and drinking beer for breakfast bender all this time! You can't fool me!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 7:23 pm   Permalink

A rather elaborate TIKI project I had been working on for quite a while was derailed by Cancer. (Not my own thankfully)

It's been a distressing topic for me for a bit...

I have however been working on some artwork which I hope blossoms into something Tiki-esque.

Thanks for the kind words tho.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 7:49 pm   Permalink

Yes indeed "the Cream of Manchester" is the right choice. Leave it to my man, Al.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 7:49 pm   Permalink

Yes indeed "the Cream of Manchester" is the right choice. Leave it to my man, Al.

(odd that when you hit the backspace button twice it casts a duplicate post)

Explorer sucks.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2005-02-12 19:50 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 9:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-12 16:54, DawnTiki wrote:
Gigantalope gives good poll.

*snort* hahaha!

Not much of a beer drinker, and I'm partial to donut/sweetroll breakfasts, so I'd probably say Dixie's White Chocolate beer.
Or some sort of shandy.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-12 9:51 pm   Permalink

pacifico for me. ummmm donuts.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation