FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food J.Wray&Nephew's DAGGER Dark Jamaica Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
J.Wray&Nephew's DAGGER Dark Jamaica Rum
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 10:47 am   Permalink

Allow me to clarify, I contacted the distros, carriage House.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 7:49 pm   Permalink

I hit a dead end. Here's my last exchange with Edward Hamilton from the "Ministry of Rum":

Quote:

In a message dated 3/25/05 12:23:09 PM, Ed@ministryofrum.com writes:

>Sorry I don't have any new information though I do plan on going to Jamaica sometime in the next few months.<

Sven answered:
Maybe you can talk to Mr. Wray's nephew's nephews then about Dagger being still available...thou I suspect that it might be the Import and Bottling company who is responsible...

So what about Carriage House? Did anybody ever get through to them? The small print on the bottle's neck actually reads "Imported by and BOTTLED in the U.S.A. for Carriage House Imports, LTD, Springfield., NJ". It is a plastic 1.75 Liter bottle termed "Lightweight Pack with built-in pourer".

What if the contents are some "old stock" that's been sitting in their tanks for years and which they are now trying to get rid off in cheap wholesale bottles, thinking dark heavy rum is unpopular these days?

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki on 2005-03-25 20:13 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 5:38 pm   Permalink

For those of you that live in Los Angeles I may have some good news concerning Dagger, my friends at Vendome are interested in tracking this rum down and getting it in there store for sale. I will probably drop by there this weekend with the info you all have provided here in an effort to help them get Dagger in stock. I will update you all when I here back from them.
TT

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 5:47 pm   Permalink

Sven,
I think Kern is going to have to kill you. I thought he said Dagger was a secret ingredient at the Mai Kai. I just saw this thread and I now fear for your life. Besides if California buys up all the left over stock of Three Daggers, Kern will have no trouble getting a posse of Florida locals together to hunt you down. Consider yourself warned.... also, if you do find some extra stock please send me a bottle.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 5:45 pm   Permalink

For those of you still looking for a bottle of One Dagger, keep saving those pennies. Only $320 for a fifth.

See
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6256357111&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kempo4me

Posted: 2010-05-24 10:32 pm   Permalink

hi all - i'm new to this site, as i was looking for info on a bottle of wray & nephew three dagger rum (10 y/o) I came across, and i thought someone might know how much its worth? near as i can tell, it has to be at least 50 years old, it has a state of illinois tax seal on it, unopened. thought about putting it on ebay but since i have no idea as to what its worth i thought i'd try to fnd out first.

any info would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

View Profile of kempo4me Send a personal message to kempo4me      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2011-11-13 03:29 am   Permalink

Here are some so-so pics I pulled from a recent e-Bay auction for a Dagger Rum booklet of about 30 pages or so. Maybe the person who won it will share info with us at some point, but here is the cover, production process diagram, and a couple of authentic Dagger Rum recipes to peruse:

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-14 09:54 am   Permalink

I recently won this item. It is a postcard record for Dagger rum. I will rip the record soon and post it as well.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-14 1:07 pm   Permalink

Well, it took me a while, but here it is... sort of:

Dagger Rum Postcard record

Why sort of? Well, my stupid $25 USB turntable has a preset stop point for the center of the record and this record goes beyond it. That is why it abruptly stops!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-07-14 2:55 pm   Permalink

Pretty cool, thanks for posting it Swanky.

"Welcome to Jamaica!"

kevin
http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-14 2:57 pm   Permalink

Swank, any way to fool the program into making a first half and a second half then splicing them in an mp3 editor?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-15 07:16 am   Permalink

That was cool! 5 bottles duty free!!!!!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-15 08:33 am   Permalink

I wish I could. The turntable cuts off when the arm gets to a certain point, like some old turntables auto return the arm...

Mmmmm 5 bottles of 3 Dagger Rum Punch!

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 10:18 pm   Permalink

HOW TO ENJOY DAGGER:

It was one of those crazy sunsets over the Silverlake tonight....

....where you ask yourself "How do they come up with this stuff !!?"

The Grifffith Observatory looked liked it was about to lift off...
So it seemed like the right moment to break into "the leftovers"

They gotta go at some point! Also in the mix:
Some Cuban tobacco, some Guyana joy juice...

..the Lemon Hart being just as much a taste of history now as the Dagger.

Hmm, wonder what's happening over the hill in Hollywood:

Whatever it may be, I am perfectly content sittin' on my porch and staring at my lights:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-18 10:25 pm   Permalink

Saw it here at the beach also, Sven.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation