FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tips for a tiki-tasting herbal cigarette?
Tips for a tiki-tasting herbal cigarette?
lordpook
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-14 12:49 am   Permalink

I'm interested in rolling my own cigarettes from herbs and spices - no tobacco. Does anyone have ingredient suggestions that will give it a polynesian taste? Maybe something that evokes a teak wood bar and goes well with rum?

View Profile of lordpook Send a personal message to lordpook  Email lordpook Goto the website of lordpook     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 11:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-14 00:49, lordpook wrote:
Does anyone have suggestions that will give it a polynesian taste?

Smoke them at the Mai Kai?

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 1:32 pm   Permalink

We have more than a few tiki carvers around here who would provide you with all the tiki based smoking material you want if you would just sweep out their basements or workshops.

Hay man what are you smoking, woodchips from (insert name of tiki here).

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lordpook
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-14 2:28 pm   Permalink

Not a bad idea. People would pay big bucks for genuine tiki sawdust cigarettes. Though I had something more flavorfull than wood pulp in mind...

View Profile of lordpook Send a personal message to lordpook  Email lordpook Goto the website of lordpook     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 08:51 am   Permalink

Why not a Mai Tai tobacco mixture? A mixture of rum, lime, orange & almond flavored tobaccos.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-20 8:01 pm   Permalink

Keep in mind, some varietties of wood are toxic and not rated for food use (serving platters, utensils, etc.). Not to mention pressure treated wood... Uh, O.K. I'm starting to sound like someone's mom! But really, you get the idea!

My wife used to roll herb cigarrettes from a Native American recipe, using sage and catnip. It totally smelled like pot and we got all kinds of stares!

In the movie "Stand by Me" special fruit cigs were used by the child castmembers during smoking scenes. Try drying pineapple, mango, or maybe coconut and blending it with sage. Just don't sue if it goes wrong

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 08:04 am   Permalink

There's a set of cloves called Bali Hai. I highly recommend it, though $7 a pack is a bit much, they're phenominal.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation