FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Frozen Pineapples?
Frozen Pineapples?
foxy08009

Posted: 2005-02-14 8:02 pm   Permalink

I was thinking about maiking some Tiki drinks using a pineapple as a cup and using its contents. So I was wondering if I could buy them now, freeze them and then use them when I need to? Or does the pineapple flesh become too soft after its thawed to use? Or if its contents change after I freeze it? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!!!!

View Profile of foxy08009 Send a personal message to foxy08009      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 9:28 pm   Permalink

The topic of frozen pineapples has been discussed before and you may wish to try the search engine to see what you can find.

However, if you hollow out the pineapples into cups and wrap them in parchment paper and then maybe put 'em in a freezer bag you should have no problems with keeping them for a few months.

Why thaw them out though? You could just use them frozen (though someone here had done this and said they are "too cold to hold"...like I said, run a search on it).

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 7:32 pm   Permalink

"You could just use them frozen (though someone here had done this and said they are 'too cold to hold'...".

I said that once. And I'm someone here. Sometimes.

"...frozen shells are a lot like my second wife: Too cold to hold."

Har! Here's that whole pineapple thread, complete with grow-your-own pictures:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1357&forum=10

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation