FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Anyone here ever worked at Starbucks? What was that like?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Anyone here ever worked at Starbucks? What was that like?
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-07 07:24 am   Permalink

Wherever you go, a little in-depth background knowledge couldn't hurt.

When I was living in Colombia I did a study of el cafeto (coffee bush) which focused on how Colombia managed to cultivate the best in the world (altitude, soil, sun, temperatures, avoiding diseases, growing, harvesting, drying, etc.), but they also know plenty about brewing.

If you can speak Spanish, you'll glean some useful info from this site:
National Federation of Coffee Growers of Colombia. You can access an English version page from there, but the Spanish site is better if you can handle charlando en castillanito.

Kreskin was amazing. Said so himself.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-07 07:52 am   Permalink

I was thinking of starting a Hemp farm. Very versatile stuff...Hemp.

I would not worry about the 600 closings, Thats only a few blocks worth of stores in New York. They are closing the poor performers but still building and opening stores in strong market areas. The closings will serve to make them a stronger company and there shares rose .72 as a result of the announcement. Market saturation was the biggest reason for the closing and the pinch on gas is giving everyone a reality check on their spending habits. If you are looking to open a coffee shop I would suggest diversifying. We have a local Bikes & Java, Books and Coffee is an obvious one but I would Niche it with rare old books and first covers, or something off the wall.... Tikis and Java served in tiki coffe mugs.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation