FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Added New Mosaic Bartop,,,see page 6
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Added New Mosaic Bartop,,,see page 6
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 1:27 pm   Permalink

Hi guys, you all inspired me & made me believe that I could do it. I bought some carving tools on eBay & a carving book at Books-a-Million & read many a forum here. Here is my first creation. It's about 6'4" and it took about 3 months to finish. I'm a Mom with small children(3 & 5).

I used two colors of stain to get the definition I wanted. I plan another project when the weather gets a bit warmer.

My husband & I built the bar & did all the work ourselves. We are so proud. We will add some finishing touches this summer.

I photoshopped the flames so it would look really cool for my website.
Here's our bar:

Let me know if anyone has questions or cares to see more pics...

Tiki Tammy

[ This Message was edited by: tikitammy 2007-03-27 20:29 ]

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 2:23 pm   Permalink

Wow TikiTammy, you Should be Very proud of both the Tiki And the bar. 3 months isn't bad for your first pole especially one that size. The Only thing I can see that you did All Wrong was Not posting progress pictures,,Ha
Beautiful job and a Nice surprise.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 2:44 pm   Permalink

DANG!!! if that is your first one....DON'T STOP!!! i'd love to see how the rest turn out if your first one turned out that great! keep it up and keep sharing what you're doing.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 2:46 pm   Permalink

Very cool Tammy. Welcome to TC and keep up the good work.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 2:54 pm   Permalink

Nice work. So, are you addicted to carving yet?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-18 4:00 pm   Permalink

Nice carving and nice first one too. You got a lot of space around that bar for more tikis...so get busy!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 9:50 pm   Permalink

Oh man, that's a good first tiki! Tikitammy, you've got our attention. Well, now you're stuck with us so get busy & post lots more creations for your new TC pals.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-19 2:03 pm   Permalink

Welcome Tammy to tiki central. Liked your work. My brother works for the city of Little Rock as a computer tech. Good to see some of us in Arkansas. Last time I was there nobody got the tiki thing. They just stared at me open jawed when I asked if there were any tiki places. Might as well have steped out of a giant spaceship.

[ This Message was edited by: sungod on 2005-02-19 14:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sungod on 2005-02-19 15:00 ]

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-24 3:35 pm   Permalink

That's real nice i like the tiki hut bar looks killer

View Profile of scaperman Send a personal message to scaperman  Email scaperman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 09:58 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words.

Here are some more pics..

& some more of our bar in progress

We have a killer stereo system out there too...you can barely see the speakers under the edge of the roof. The ceiling fan is a must in the summer. It keeps the mosquito's away.

I plan to get busy as soon as the weather cooperates. I'm also working on a mosiac bar top under our other deck that has beach, shells, sea animals.

I'll post pictures next week.

I'd like to also try some of these...

We got these off eBay from Brazil.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gibgib
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2005-03-08 03:15 am   Permalink

I really like your Tiki bar.
Congrats on some fine work

View Profile of gibgib Send a personal message to gibgib  Email gibgib Goto the website of gibgib     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 08:29 am   Permalink

Wow...the bar and tiki look great! My wife and I are getting everything together for a bar and this gives me some ideas...especially regarding the fan and mosquitos, as they is generally not a shortage of them in Tampa!

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 08:33 am   Permalink

Nice bar! I love the tile bar top.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sonofabeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-10 11:38 am   Permalink

Without a doubt.One of the better bars I have seen in awhile.Very very nice.

View Profile of sonofabeach Send a personal message to sonofabeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 10:40 am   Permalink

Hi Everyone, I've been busy finishing up a new bartop to our backyard tiki paradise. I did a beach/sealife stained glass mosaic. I handcut each piece.

This is a merged photo of the whole thing so you can get an overall view.

Here are some closeups:

Here's what it looks like on our deck. We plan to use this as a standing bar on the left side or a eating bar on the right side. We also added the ships wheel for the kids to play with.

It's still very much a work in progress. My husband & I work on it on the weekends. We recently got some bamboo and we are heat curing it with a propane torch. I'll try to post some pics soon of this project. We want to create some walls to help hide some storage & gardening equipment.

Thanks for all the good feedback. I am always inspired by the artists that post here.

Tiki Tammy

[ This Message was edited by: tikitammy on 2005-05-06 10:43 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation