FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Added New Mosaic Bartop,,,see page 6
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Added New Mosaic Bartop,,,see page 6
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 8:30 pm   Permalink

I think it looks awesome the way it is. You've managed to creat a tiki that looks like it was around 50 years ago. Clear coat it! I absolutley think you've stumbled onto a great style for tiki carvings. Some day when I have the money, I'd love for you to make a mistake tiki for me.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 8:34 pm   Permalink

I think it looks Great. Seal it up and get it out the door.I think it is Finished. Excellent job.
Every carving you EVER do will be practice for the next one . I practice every day and Love it.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-10 6:38 pm   Permalink

Looks great. Wow! Clear coat him and start on the next!!!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-10 7:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the flower close up and again excelent job. The thing that screwed up the worst are the ones that I ended up liking the most because of the solutions that I tried.

And the one that I didn;t like are sawdust..

-----------------------------------------------

www.PalmCityTiki.com

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-11 10:18 am   Permalink

Hi Tammy - I think your staining turned out REALLY nice, especially for being the first time using that type of stain??

And that carving...well...simply amazing. You did a wonderful job and the stain just compliments it more.

I don't think any of my carvings and stainings have ever turned out how I expected them to. But I've been pleasently surprised after taking a few steps back and trying to look at it from a different perspective. I think this carving is AWESOME and , now that you're hopelessly hooked on carving, is just a precurser of things to come.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 8:28 pm   Permalink

Just added a new bartop to our bar. I got permission from Mark n' Maggie over at http://www.velvetglass.com to try my hand at one of their mosaics. THANK YOU!

[ This Message was edited by: tikitammy 2007-03-27 20:30 ]

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-27 8:41 pm   Permalink

It looks great

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation