FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mr Smiley in LA 3/8 to 3/10, 2005 !!
Mr Smiley in LA 3/8 to 3/10, 2005 !!
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-18 4:22 pm   Permalink

Mr Smiley will be in the LA / Burbank / Pasadena area these nights for a work conference.
Here is my planned schedule; Tues 3/8 The Lucky Tiki 9pm-11pm, Weds 3/9 TIKI TI(!!) 6-9pm, Thurs 3/10 Damon's 5:30-7:30 pm. Times are approximate pending plane schedules and traffic!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-02-18 18:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-03-07 10:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MRSMILEY on 2005-03-07 15:41 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-22 5:16 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to it!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 8:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Smiley, no Bahooka? Aren't they letting out for lunch?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 8:34 pm   Permalink

Go mrsmiley go!

I've been trying to visit SoCal for awhile now. Go, and bring back things to the Northland to show us of your exotic journeys!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 10:35 pm   Permalink

I'll see ya at TikiTi! Lady Velour may even show up.
Johnnie

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-02-23 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-22 20:26, freddiefreelance wrote:

Sorry, no Bahooka this time! I will be in Pasadena days and couldn't make it there in time!!! Dang!
Looking forward to doing a Weds at the Tiki TI!
Monkey-I am bringing colorful items and iron nails to barter with the savages down South and I will bring the goods back up north , open a bar, trade stuff with you Northern civilized folk and call the bar Trader...(something). I haven't finished that part!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 10:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-23 09:14, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-02-22 20:26, freddiefreelance wrote:

Sorry, no Bahooka this time! I will be in Pasadena days and couldn't make it there in time!!! Dang!
Looking forward to doing a Weds at the Tiki TI!
Monkey-I am bringing colorful items and iron nails to barter with the savages down South and I will bring the goods back up north , open a bar, trade stuff with you Northern civilized folk and call the bar Trader...(something). I haven't finished that part!

Bahooka opens at 11:30, can handle large groups, and is only a short drive from Pasadena! convince the whole conference to do a "Lunch Meeting" there, or at least have a meeting catered! Yay, Bahooka!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-03-07 10:30 am   Permalink

Maybe I will do Damon's on Thursday!!

mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-03-07 10:31 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-02-18 16:22, mrsmiley wrote:
Mr Smiley will be in the LA / Burbank / Pasadena area these nights for a work conference.
Here is my planned schedule; Tues 3/8 The Lucky Tiki 9pm-11pm, Weds 3/9 TIKI TI(!!) 6-9pm, Thurs 3/10 Damon's 5:30-7:30 pm. Times are approximate pending plane schedules and traffic!
Updated info.
Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley on 2005-03-07 15:42 ]

mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-03-08 11:36 am   Permalink

Hope to see some of you this evening at The Lucky Tiki, Weds at Tiki Ti and Thurs evening at Damon's.

mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-03-08 4:07 pm   Permalink

See y'all in a few hours.

jimbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-10 3:18 pm   Permalink

Any Tiki people who show up at the Damon's bar 5:30 or so (Thursday 3-10), the owner says he will buy us a Mai Tai.

View Profile of jimbo Send a personal message to jimbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-03-14 3:39 pm   Permalink

ok-what a few days it was; three nights/three tiki bars! Lucky TIki is a nice place--just make sure you get "lucky" and don;t arrive when someone has loaded up the CD jukebox with heavy metal!! Humu arrived and loaded it up it up with exotica when the bartender wasn;t playing the blue Hwaiians on the house CD system. Tues was a slow night there, but it gets hoppin on the weekends. I was amused by the little old lady drinking Canadian Club and soda when she asked for a "to-go" cup from the bartender. "We don't do that" he replied!! Dang, I wanted a big gulp of Lapu-lapu's for the road , too!!'
WEDS-Tiki TI--I met Beachbum Berry, Jim (of Jim's special fame) and more. Ton's of familiar faces that night and not a dry glass in sight! THe dinner at the Mexican Restaurant next door was a GAS!! (and I mean THAT!)TOOT-TOOT!!
Thurs-Damon's! This place does many things right;lots of bamboo and thatch, spears and masks,aloha attired employees and the kicker-50's era Hawaiian music always in the background .ZAZZ!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation