FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Witco Furniture
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Witco Furniture
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-28 04:10 am   Permalink

I understand what you mean. Our house is a 1965 rancher. It has some really cool mid century features about it but not a real cool design. From the outside it looks kind of boring. We would have loved to buy a more radical mid century designed house but in our area there are not alot to choose from and those that do come up for sale are in a real high end neighbor hood so the prices are through the roof. I can tell you that I am sure most just have the look on the outside only anymore. The people buying the houses usally gut the old interiors. It is a real shame. That is why we loved our house. Everything is original from the appliances to the flooring. I have every reciept since new including the plans. The guy who built it was an engineer so it is way overbuilt.
What part of Florida are you from. My brother lives in Daytona. Scott

View Profile of tikicar Send a personal message to tikicar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-28 07:11 am   Permalink

We live in Lake Mary on the northeast edge of the Orlando metro area. We're about 45 minutes from Daytona. There are some nice mid-century houses around here that are pricey, but not as pricey as the McMansions they are building as fast as they can scrape away the landscape.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 5:21 pm   Permalink

I got it ,it is the one with 'U' shaped cut outs and 2 spears ,top and bottom(one is missing but easy to reproduce)got him down to 60 bucks. TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 5:03 pm   Permalink

I finally got the Witco outrigger picture from the guy who has had it since 1980. This was the last piece of my parents original stuff he had. There is a drawing of this piece in Svens book of tiki. It is pretty big since it is longer than the bar it is leaning on. It will need some restoration. Glad he didn't keep the bar where he had this. The carved wood is fine. The frame has some mud on the one side and might need restained in that corner but it is not warped. . The back board will probably need replaced and new orange cloth recovering that. The out rigger that is held on by two dowl pins is sitting on the top of the frame. Just needs new pins. He didn't charge me for it. I think he felt bad at how it looks. Finding material like the original will probably be the toughest. Oh well, I am glad it is home. Scott

http://community.webshots.com/album/277581721zJZDsS

View Profile of tikicar Send a personal message to tikicar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 9:15 pm   Permalink

Wow! That outrigger is huge! As you described it looks to be in decent restorable shape - when it's done it's gonna look awesome! Let us help you find the fabric for the backboard - is it wool upholstery fabric?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 04:36 am   Permalink

Thanks to Ken Pleasant "Keigs". There was some of the fabric for sale on Ebay. All I have to do is paint it orange. Looking at the original it was painted this way also. You can see some of the holes in the fabric are plugged from the paint. It is called osanburg. I can't wait to get the fabric and tear it apart. Scott

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 06:08 am   Permalink

That's good news! Can't wait to see the restored outrigger in all its glory!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 3:41 pm   Permalink

Well, found another wierd Witco today. This one is a small stool carved like an alligator. Almost too cute for the Tiki room. The cushion is the same material as two other pieces I have. It is in real nice shape. He is missing two teeth on the right front. Those of you with Witco catalogs might know its real name. Check my link above to see the picture. Scott

NeptuneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-15 4:39 pm   Permalink

Hello Tiki Car, I have been looking for one of those stools and I was wondering if you would like to sell it. Let me know. thanks...

View Profile of NeptuneTiki Send a personal message to NeptuneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 6:30 pm   Permalink

Hi Neptune, I don't have any plans on selling it at this time, but thanks for the offer. Scott

tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-04 12:54 pm   Permalink

Well I finally got the time to get my Witco Tiki fountain working. The water comes out his mouth at his tounge then into the pot he is holding in his hands then runs down into the bowl with the rocks and fogger then back into the tank in the square stand. Got a new pump and ran all new hoses. I got this really cool fogger with a red led light at the pet store for lizards. It looks really cool and just puts a haze of fog over the top and the red light looks like it has fire water or lava rocks. The picture doesn't do it justice. You can see the red glow under the rocks in the center. Put in fresh stones that won't wash off chalky water and some shells and fake vines. Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it at night.
Scott
http://community.webshots.com/album/277581721zJZDsS

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 04:38 am   Permalink

that fountain looks great. Good job.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-05 05:50 am   Permalink

I just scored the same bar {your album.tiki bar # 2}it came with 4 bar stools.and 2 wall hangings ,the wall art looks just like WITCO {long carved faces} ,but not the same wood,mounted on plywood coverd in the leopord cloth,just like my other WITCO bar.they have sculped iron on the top and bottom of the backing board. did WITCO ever do this?thanks

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
eel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-05 08:50 am   Permalink

I LOVE that Gator! I have the turtle and hippo stool and my son loves to sit on them while he plays video games, watches TV, etc. They make great kids seating or ottomans.

How many other animal stools are there out there?
I haven't scored any Witco in a looong time (no room, no $$$$) Oh, well!

View Profile of eel Send a personal message to eel      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks Turbogod. I love the way it looks.
David it sounds like Witco but I am no expert. Post a picture, There are others out there with more knowledge than me about Witco. Someone with catalogs might help you. EEL the Gator is the only little animal I have ever seen. Again I would love to know what all of my stuff is really called sometime. Maybe when Svens book on Witco is done that will help alot. I really don't have much more room for Tiki furniture. I want space around the stuff so you can see it. I am only really looking for more stuff for the walls. Bar #2 is in the basement right now in my wifes fencing room. (you know a sword, not white picket or stolen stuff!) We want to start looking for the conqistador stuff for that room so we might keep the bar#2 for now. My next project is to restore the outrigger picture. I have the correct cloth I just need the time to tear it apart and do it. As far as finding Witco it is a crap shoot. Sometimes I get lucky. I don't really like buying on ebay. The thrill is in the search. Scott

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation