FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Witco Furniture
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Witco Furniture
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 05:43 am   Permalink

Tikicar - the fountain looks fantastic! Did you use one of those pond misters to get the fog effects? You're giving me ideas here!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 06:45 am   Permalink

The wall art is WITCO,I found an old thread with pics from an old catalog {back&white}there they were hanging in the back ground .they must have benn sold in sets.the guy a bought these from said he bought them in HAWAII 36 yrs. ago had them shipped home to CLEVELAND. But i don't think the shields and the bar /stools go together.i too am awaiting the arrival of the BOOK of WITCO.I scored alot of it in the last year.as too pics,when home projects are complete,i'll be working on new comp. with all the bells and whistles,and lean HOW to post pics thanks TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 06:52 am   Permalink

I have another question for the WITCO fans.What do you consider to be the top 5
[or more}WITCO finds,and in what order?thanks TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 09:09 am   Permalink

Personally speaking of tiki-related witco, and because I'm so darned practical, I'd rate the furniture first.

However, fountains & tikis are always very first.

Bars
Stools for bar
Chairs
Loveseats
Tables

love the cats

anything with leopard print, yum!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 4:56 pm   Permalink

John, I forget the exact name. Of course I already tossed the box. I got it at a pet store in Lancaster that has a huge reptile dept. It was called something fogger. It is just this little chrome piece about 1 inch or so in diameter and hight. It has a little red led light on it and a small brass area about the size of a dime. This is where the water hits it to make it fog. It has a small cord running out of that piece into a box and then a plug from the box into a outlet. As soon as it is plugged in with water hitting it it fogs. It is to raise humidity in reptile aquariums. It was $29.99 It works in 2 inches of standing water or as long as water is running over it which is perfect for the fountain.

Top 5 Witcos.
Bar
fountains
tikis
masks
wall art

View Profile of tikicar Send a personal message to tikicar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 11:34 am   Permalink

I ran across this possible Witco alligator today and noticed that it is a bit different than the one shown in tikicar's webshots. Here is his: http://community.webshots.com/photo/277581721/322988443sHVJdt
Here's what I saw today:

Is it Witco, or did someone imitate the Witcogator way back in the day?

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-07 7:16 pm   Permalink

My guess is that is a Witco gator. It looks like mine. Just the seat is recovered and missing the knobs for eyes. Are there holes there? Since each one is carved they each would be slightly different. Scott

View Profile of tikicar Send a personal message to tikicar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-11-08 05:22 am   Permalink

It does have places where the rods that held the eyes simply broke off. I went ahead and bought it...$100...steep for my neck of the woods but I had competition from an alligator collector. I plan to alter the seat and use the platform for a plant stand or a display stand for something that should be seen in the round.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Johnny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-03 07:43 am   Permalink

Hello All, I just bought this great tiki fireplace tool set from an estate sale for $10. The house had an awsome tiki bar complete with a floor to ceiling waterfall! Anyhow, I was wondering if anybody thinks this is a Witco piece, or an imatator? I haven't been able to find anything about Witco making fireplace tools anywhere on the internet, and there are so many Witco experts on here! Thanks all!
Kahiki Johnny

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6dc22b3127cce97512f0899cf00000015108BcNWjhs5cC

View Profile of Kahiki Johnny Send a personal message to Kahiki Johnny  Email Kahiki Johnny Goto the website of Kahiki Johnny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 08:11 am   Permalink

my guess would be yes.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 08:29 am   Permalink

Kahiki Johnny, that is a Witco called " Fire god tool holder " item # f-20 I found it in a 1969 Witco catalog. Nice find!!

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 8:55 pm   Permalink

Kahiki Johnny,
Keigs is totally mistaken. It's not a Witco.

I'll give you $50 for it.

Ha, just kidding. That is one very, very good (Witco) find!

Enjoy!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Johnny
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-04 06:20 am   Permalink

Wow, Thanks everybody for your help! I'm not giving this baby up

View Profile of Kahiki Johnny Send a personal message to Kahiki Johnny  Email Kahiki Johnny Goto the website of Kahiki Johnny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation