Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Christo's 'The Gates' in Central Park
Christo's 'The Gates' in Central Park
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 8:02 pm   Permalink

With all the buzz, good & bad, about 'The Gates' I suggest you take a look at another masterpiece in the tradition of Christo's latest offering.

http://www.not-rocket-science.com/gates.htm

By the way, I saw 'The Gates' today, and I thought it was pretty cool. It snowed here last night so that gave it a different look. And when I say 'pretty cool', I mean that. Like it wasn't totally mindblowing as maybe one might think because it is such an ambitious project. What I'm sort of wondering about is why some people are looking for some great message or looking to 'get' something out of this thing. There is nothing to 'get'. It's just a repetetive image in a public space. No strings attached, no buttons to push. Whaddaya want for free??

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 05:27 am   Permalink

Is that all 27 million buys now days? Or did most of that go towards engineering that giant cat?

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-22 09:58 am   Permalink

I read in an article that Christo usually lunches on "raw garlic cloves and soy milk."

Does this inspire creative genius?

Regardless, sure makes me feel sorry for his wife.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation