FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic's style "Suffering Bastard" s & p shakers on Ebay...
Trader Vic's style "Suffering Bastard" s & p shakers on Ebay...
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-12 12:38 pm   Permalink

Look what I found on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=721906441

I have never seen those before...they aren't in mint condition, but they're still cute. I don't think they are marked. Does anyone know anything about them? Perhaps, what company might have made them?

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-10-15 6:27 pm   Permalink

Darn! Our own member Aquarj has bid on it and I don't bid against friends.--
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-10-15 7:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Darn! Our own member Aquarj has bid on it and I don't bid against friends.--

Well then SirSmiley, if that's your rule then you still ought to be able to bid!

Just kidding (about the friends part). But seriously, for the record, anybody here is welcome to outbid me anytime my dopey handle shows up on ebay. I always reckoned first-come first-serve honor codes don't apply in an auction. At least I hope not, since my bid followed trustar's, a fine gentleman who I briefly met at the tiki farm bash.

Speaking of auctions, check out this auction happening this weekend in Hollywood -
www.burningbrush.com. I'll be there!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 05:58 am   Permalink

Ouch!!!!

The TikiMugster blew us all away. Maybe we'll have better luck next time Randy.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 09:07 am   Permalink

Sorry guys! I'd be willing to make it up to you, I'll buy the next round of mai tais!

By the way, I got an email form the seller and they shipped it out last night. So I should be getting them soon

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 09:21 am   Permalink

tikimug,
Nice score! Considering the rarity/obscurity of these shakers, $32.00 seems like a decent price.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 09:38 am   Permalink

Thanks Pop I was surprised I got them that low, too. I'm anxious to get them and see what kinda condition they are in. I'm not really into the S&P shakers, but I really liked these little fellows.

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation