[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge The ruination by additon
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The ruination by additon
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 11:03 pm   Permalink

In your view, what series was ruined by the addition of a new character?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 05:28 am   Permalink

Brady Bunch
Happy Days
ScoobyDoo
Itchy & Scratchy

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 05:36 am   Permalink

The Andy Griffith Show with Howard and Emmett.The Dick Van Dyke Show with Stacy-DVD's brother.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 10:22 am   Permalink

Star Wars.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-23 10:38 am   Permalink

Growing Pains was definitely ruined by the addition of the homeless boy they sort of adopted. It totally screwed up the kirk cameron - tracey gold dynamic.

remember who played the homeless boy?

a young Leo DeCrapio

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 10:44 am   Permalink

The Flintstones with that Martian guy.

The Partridge Family after they added Ricky.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer when they added Dawn.

Angel when they added Connor.

Cool idea! I'll try to think of more...

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 10:48 am   Permalink

Jonathan Winters joining Mork and Mindy.

Come to think of it, Pebbles and Bam Bam added nothing to The Flintstones, either!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 11:25 am   Permalink

I believe the phrase is "Jumping the shark"

and for me, that's Muppet Babies, when that insufferable cross-promotion Baby he-man muppet came in.

"By da powah of pwayskool." my big red patootie.

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 1:35 pm   Permalink

Vicky,Captain Steubing's(sp?)daughter on the Love Boat.I'm showing my age again.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 6:00 pm   Permalink

When Robert Patrick took over for David Duchovny on X-FILES. Of course it still had a VERY yummy Gillian Anderson....

I also noticed a show tends to add a Baby when it's near it's end..."Friends" anyone?

[ This Message was edited by: aquaorama on 2005-02-23 18:01 ]

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 6:34 pm   Permalink

The addition of a baby is actually what I had in mind when I thought of this tpoic...and while Lil Ricky (Arnez)might not be an example, Pebbles and Scrappy Doo were.

The most nausiating example in Film was Ghost Busters II. Even the Thin Man series (which I loved) slipped a notch when they added cute.

More?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 6:42 pm   Permalink

As far as movies go....Once they started adding TONS of characters in the BATMAN movies I just got totally lost. At the end of Batman & Robin you had Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Posion Ivy and Mr Freeze. Damn, I got a headache thinking about it ( not to mention that the movie just SUCKED anyway). It looks like the new "Batman Begins" will be much darker and with WAY fewer heros and villians...

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 6:49 pm   Permalink

The Pink Panther when he started to talk.

although I guess his voice isn't exactly a new character

[ This Message was edited by: naugatiki on 2005-02-23 18:51 ]

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 6:59 pm   Permalink

Tarzan when they started adding Cheetah and Jane and all the pet elephants and leopards and such.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 8:07 pm   Permalink

Sesame Street. I really believe that Elmo is the axis of evil. One of these days all those damned Tickle Me/YMCA/Hokey-Pokey/ Pull my Finger Elmo dolls will come alive as soon as the lights go out and head to the knife drawer in the kitchen.

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation