FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-05 8:40 pm   Permalink

We are thrilled to be able to share this image of the forthcoming Exotica 2005 Tiki mug. This is the original sculpt from which the mold will be made. Tiki Diablo is working overtime to make sure we have the complete edition available for the big event on Saturday the 9th of July. This is going to be a very limited edition mug and will only be available at Exotica.

The final version of the mug will have a two-tone glaze that will accentuate the fact that this cool Tiki is sporting a Mexican wrestling mask (a'la Los Straitjackets). As the big weekend draws near, we are getting more and more excited and looking forward to sharing some of Chicago's Tiki treasures and some great Tiki tunes with everyone.

Items for the raffle are rolling in from the generous Exotica supporters. We have some fantastic stuff from Oceanic Arts, Swamp Fire, Bosko, Munktiki, and a sign from Pariarts that has to be seen to be believed. We'll also have a DiPinto guitar that is signed by the Los Straitjackets included in the raffle! There will be photos of some of these great pieces on the vendors page of the Exotica site very soon.

There has also been much discussion of all the fine Hot Dog eateries here in Chicago, but we should also point out that we are fortunate to have a delicious authentic Hawaiian plate lunch restaurant in the heart of the city. The Aloha Grill has been open for less than a year but has already garnered a reputation as THE place for a genuine taste of the islands for lunch or dinner. If you are joining us for the Exotica weekend (or if you come to Chicago anytime for a visit) we highly recommend that you stop in and give Ivan and the guys a try. You will not be disappointed. If you are local, we are going to assume that you already know the taste treat that is the Aloha Grill. The restaurant is located at 2534 N. Clark St. in the Lincoln Park neighborhood.

-Amy and Duke

[ This Message was edited by: boutiki on 2005-06-09 07:44 ]

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 06:25 am   Permalink

Crap! That mug is beautiful! Danny just keeps 'em comin'. I guess I better save up more money for Exotica...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 09:01 am   Permalink

ditto, soon ill have to sell my soul to get all the tiki diablo mugs i want at exotica!!!......great mug, cant wait for exotica!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 09:30 am   Permalink

My wallet is pouring with tears right now because he knows he is going to take such a hard beating in July!

I can't wait to see the mug in color and in person!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 4:47 pm   Permalink

Fantastico! Padrisimo! El Esplendido Exotica mug! Truly the work of El Diablo! Soon this will be mine! Soon!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 8:24 pm   Permalink

Love the mug. Make sure to save one for me. It was also very nice meeting with you two today and sharing your collection with me. Look forward to Exotica. Cheers,
David
DvA Gallery

View Profile of DaTiki Send a personal message to DaTiki  Email DaTiki Goto the website of DaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 8:53 pm   Permalink

save me a couple of those mugs!! Any word of a price or the number limited too. I'm also looking forward to meeting people that I know more about than any person I have never meet and will meet.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 10:02 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! Thanks for the sneak peak Duke. Danny's mug is exceptionally beautiful.

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-06 10:30 pm   Permalink

once again, job well done!! save me one too!!! it'll go nice with your tiki quest mug and exotica 2003 mug that I picked up from you awhile back.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-09 07:41 am   Permalink

We just wanted to remind everyone that tomorrow (the 10th) will be the last day that the Write Inn will be holding rooms for Exotica attendees. They will still extend the discount until that weekend if there are any rooms available, but our hold on the block expires tomorrow, so there is no guarantee that there will be anything available (it's not a very big hotel). You might also want to check the availability of rooms at the Carleton as well. Our hold on rooms there has expired already, but we believe there were other parties with large blocks being held that have been released also, so there MIGHT be some rooms in their "Motor Lodge" portion of the hotel. It's worth looking into if you have not yet made your reservation.

We also have images of some of the raffle items up on the vendors page of the Exotica site
www.chicagoexotica.com . We have yet to receive everything that will be offered as prizes, so we'll have more than what is currently on display. Our picture does not do the Pariarts sign justice. It's so awesome! And check out the cool Bosko shield, the Munktiki mugs (in crazy colors), and Doug's (Swamp Fire Tiki) great prints! We'll have more goodies and there will be door prizes at each event too! We also recently received the official Exotica T-shirts and posters. They look great and are so well printed, they really do Dr. Alderente's art justice.

-Amy and Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-15 9:27 pm   Permalink

man, ive never won anything in a raffle, but lookin at those items, i pray i break that curse at exotica this year!!!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:00 am   Permalink

The anticipation is killing me! Just 2 weeks to go! Can't wait to see the finalized Exotica mug by Tiki Diablo! I noticed on the Exotica home page that the Hi-Risers are no longer listed as appearing. Did they have to back out(other commitments)? Any word? Counting the days...

Cheers!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 09:41 am   Permalink

We hate to have to break the bad news, but we just recently got word that the Hi-Risers will not be at Exotica. They cancelled their participation in the summer tour they were slated to do with the Los Straitjackets. Worse still is the word we are getting from the manager for Petty Booka. Seems as though one of the girls may be leaving the band. If that happens, they will not be coming to the US at all. We are waiting for confirmation one way or the other, but it's looking pretty grim. That is why they are not on the schedule either.

As disappointed as we are, we still think we have a great line-up and will have an awesome time the whole weekend and we hope lots of you will be joining us. We are excited about the mug that Danny is finishing work on, and just yesterday we received the DiPinto guitar that will be offered in the raffle on Saturday. It's really fantastic!

-Duke and Amy

SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-23 10:16 am   Permalink

That mug looks great. Sure wish we still lived in the area to attend Exotica.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-25 10:46 am   Permalink

in case anyone might not know or have forgotten, there is beaches in chicago -

http://www.chicagotraveler.com/attractions/oak-street-beach.html
http://www.chicagotraveler.com/attractions/north-avenue-beach.html
http://www.wkarch.com/NABH/northave.htm

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2005-06-25 11:37 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation