FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-28 3:19 pm   Permalink

As the time grows nearer.....the excitement builds!!! Nine days and counting.......

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-29 7:28 pm   Permalink

Lissette and I are counting the days! I've been working on some new tiki pop art for all of you. Sally and Jay, wish you guys could be here.

EsQui.

www.galleryhidden.com

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 08:16 am   Permalink

The Pontani Sisters are the best. Not only knock-out with more energy than you can imagine and never dropping their smiles, but super nice girls to boot! Love the way they shake it!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-30 4:18 pm   Permalink

Love the radio station, Swanky.

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 4:51 pm   Permalink

Yes! 7 days to go!!! Alright, this is one final plea. I know many of you (Chicago area mainly) have your own transportation to and from each Exotica event. Unfortunately, being an out-of-towner my mode of transportation will have to rely on the green line or any of those other color lines running through Greater Chicago. I decided not to rent a car (mistake?). There has to be many of you riding the line. Right? Let's hear from you! The T.C. members could get together before going to Vic's on Thur. night, so we could arrive all at once.. Any ideas or suggestions? I am staying at the Write Inn. Let's hear some feedback!

Cheers!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 5:42 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure we'll (Power of the Tiki & myself) be riding the lines most of the time. We're @ the motorlodge. Ahh a week from now.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 6:20 pm   Permalink

turbogod is practicing his public transportation dance dance revolution...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 6:25 pm   Permalink

Those who are carless - here is some information I received on suggested ways of getting around in Chicago ....

Oak Park to Trader Vics
- Train: Green line to Madison
Walk south to Monroe

Trader Vics to Martyrs
- Train: Brown line to Irving Park
walk .4 west to Lincoln Avenue

Martyrs to Delilahs
- Train: Brown line south to Diversey
walk .4 west to Lincoln Avenue

Hala Kahiki
- Best bet: drive or cab

Oak Park to Chef Shangri-La
- #307 Harlem bus south to 26th Street
- West 1 mile on 26th

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 8:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-06-23 10:16, SallyandJay wrote: Sure wish we still lived in the area to attend Exotica.

You know, you don't have to LIVE in Chicago to BE in Chicago to attend Exotica. Many folks are traveling from far-flung destinations to be here for the fun. We'd love to see the two of you again soon. Seriously, if you can't make it to Exotica that's fine, but if you have the chance to come to Chi-town to spend some quality Tiki-time, please give us a shout.
-Duke and Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-30 9:36 pm   Permalink

Finally some response! Now we are getting somewhere! Turbogod and Johnny Dollar are on board! Who's next? Is the motorlodge connected? I have no clue? Thanks ikitnrev, for your detailed list! What's this cab or bus to Hala Kahiki? Ouch!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 10:19 am   Permalink

question: Boutiki or anyone who knows, what is the rule on cameras and or videocameras being performances.

Also, ikitnrev where is the tour of Duke and Amy's house on your list.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-01 10:19, teaKEY wrote:
question: Boutiki or anyone who knows, what is the rule on cameras and or videocameras being performances.

Also, ikitnrev where is the tour of Duke and Amy's house on your list.

Cameras will not be a problem, But not sure about video.

Less than a week to go!!!
TTFN
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 10:53 am   Permalink

you know what, I think camera will do just fine anyways

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:01 pm   Permalink

So, when's everyone planning on going to Hala Kahiki? Is there gonna be somewhere where we all can meet?

BTW, anyone know what price the tiki mug is gonna be?

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-01 12:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-01 12:01, Dawn32 wrote:
So, when's everyone planning on going to Hala Kahiki? Is there gonna be somewhere where we all can meet?

BTW, anyone know what price the tiki mug is gonna be?

Dawn,
Hala Kahiki get together is on Friday, check out the event website
www.chicagoexotica.com . Hopefully this will answer some of your ?'s. Are you going to the Chef on Sunday?
See ya next week.
D&C

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation