FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:23 pm   Permalink

god, hurricanes even effecting chicago tiki events???....thats horrible!......

also, duke/amy, are the tickets etickets? will there just be lists at the door??...we ordered our tickets last thursday and havent gotten them in the mail, we'll have our paypal recipt with us for proof, but i was just wondering if the vics and fitzgeralds events were will call/etickets, or actual paper tickets sent out???

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 6:29 pm   Permalink

PJ, sorry to hear about all that's going on. Was looking forward to being part of the PJ Subway Posse. Take care.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 7:08 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
We are running around like a couple of crazy people with all the last minute details for this weekend, but I wanted to address a couple of your questions.

ManoKoa, there are others who have indicated they are going to bring their Kikis on Saturday, and of course kids are welcome. We'll have our little guy in tow for part of the day, but he's only 16 months old, so not much fun for your 5 year old. As for a Maori face piece, if you feel the urge, I'd say do it. I'm not sure there is anything that could be "too much" at Exotica. Who knows, you might want to participate in the best attire contest.

teaKEY, I don't think the entertainers would mind having folks photograph or videotape the event so long as it's for personal use and not any commercial enterprise. If any of the bands were to object (which I doubt) I'm sure you'd honor their wishes.

hala bullhiki, Sorry to have not made this clear on our website, but there are no paper tickets issued, we will have your name at the door for the event. You should have received an email about this a couple of days ago.

We are thrilled to be getting some really great press coverage for Exotica. This past week's Time Out Chicago had a nice piece and there are going to be stories in the Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Journal, and a couple of suburban papers. There will also be appearances on morning TV Friday the 8th. The Cocktail Preachers and the Barefoot Hawaiian will appear on NBC channel 5 and King Kukulele will be on nationally syndicated WGN channel 9. So if you are up with your coffee early (or just getting in from the night before) be sure to tune in.

Looking forward to this weekend!
-Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 7:09 pm   Permalink

Purple Jade that is very sad news. Best of luck. Family is everything. God bless.

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-06 7:45 pm   Permalink

This article in today's Riverside Landmark News
http://www.rblandmark.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=491&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=&S=1
Peace Out,
D&C

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wgk001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-07 05:09 am   Permalink

Aloha TCers!

This is George from the Windy City Islanders. My Bruddahs Chris, Craig, the Baron, and I are warmed up and ready to get the show kicking and the Zombies and Mai Tai's flowing as we lead off on Saturday at 1pm at Fitzgerald's. We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!

View Profile of wgk001 Send a personal message to wgk001  Goto the website of wgk001     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 05:43 am   Permalink

Just curious-at either Hala Kahiki or Fitzgerald's,will there be a place for people to find out the TC'rs who are attending?-ala "The Sting"? Would love to greet folks,but as most people will be in Hawaiian garb,this would not narrow down the pack.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 06:54 am   Permalink

When you see a TC'r you will know.
To point me out, I'll be wearing a red and white THE BUS aloha shirt @ Hala Kahiki. You don't have to call me TURBOgod. TURBO g. will do just fine. Will probably be hanging with Johnny$ and Mrs. $, PoweroftheTiki, ikitnrev & Formikahini. So now you can find 6 of us. Plane leaves in a few hours. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod 2005-07-07 06:56 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 08:21 am   Permalink

ill be easy to find : large black cat tattooed on my left forearm

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 08:32 am   Permalink

At Hala Kahiki, feel free to buy drinks for the 6ft white guy in a green shirt.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-07 1:59 pm   Permalink

I don't know any of you but I will definitely make an effort to.

It all depends on my busy schedule if I have time to put the maori markings on but in case you are looking, I will be the asian looking one w/ glasses, keiki, and wife nearby.

It might be a little corporate, but I could bring stickers just in case you guys need help ID'ing each other.

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 2:49 pm   Permalink

The sticker thing is a good idea.Has anyone made reservations at Hala Kahiki,or can you just show up?

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 3:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-07 14:49, docwoods wrote:
Has anyone made reservations at Hala Kahiki,or can you just show up?

I did. As I was told, it's more like a list at the door to make sure you can get in iffin the place fills up. So it's not a "table for 2 at 4:45pm" kinda thing.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-07 4:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks,Feelin'Zombified-glad to know that-look forward to seeing everyone tommorow!

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 04:16 am   Permalink

This just in....

http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/wkp-news-tiki08.html
also see http://www.chicagotribune.com and type in Tiki in the Search Box, this will take you to an article about Duke and Amy, their collection and the Exotica weekend

As this is being posted,Duke,King Kukulele and the Cocktail Preachers are preparing for a segment on this morning's local NBC news.

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge 2005-07-08 07:12 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation