FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-08 10:06 am   Permalink

Boarding the plane in a few... Can't wait to get there!!!! See ya guys

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-08 11:55 am   Permalink

Hala Kahiki time starts about 1 hour from now. Lissette and I are on our way!

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-09 11:16 pm   Permalink

Best Tony Sheridan tribute evar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
punktiki

Posted: 2005-07-10 12:54 pm   Permalink

Deb and I had a great time at Exotica this year. A big thank you to Duke and Amy for working so hard to make this year's event the success that it was. Fitzgeralds looked great yesterday and the bands were smokin'! Trader Vic's was fun and today's buffet at the Chef was suberb. Looking forward to Exotica 2006!

View Profile of punktiki Send a personal message to punktiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 6:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Randall, great to see you posting here, finally.
Great to see you and Deb at Exotica too - it's been far too long.

I didn't take too many pix over the weekend, but here's a few good ones...

Separated at Birth?

How many of these TC members can YOU name?

Flaming Virgin and Mai Tai at the Chef!

Mr. and Mrs. Lake Surfer

Alice n' Lisa at Aku Hall

Vern at Hala Kahiki

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2005-07-10 22:51 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 8:12 pm   Permalink

I would like to thank Duke and Amy for a great time at Exotica this year was fantastic. I would also like to thank TubroG, blacksandz, JTD, Formikahini, TikiVixen, King Kukulele, Mr. & Ms. JDTIKI, Mr. & Ms. Johnny Dollar, ikitnrev, for a fun filled weekend and so many other TC people I met over this weekend. A big thanks goes to tikibars for the ride Thursday night around Chicago land

Carroll D.

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 9:30 pm   Permalink

FINALLY!
PICTURES!

I was going to post a separate thread asking for them but thought better of it.

More please.

Vern, you look like you were having a great time.
I'm very glad.

How were my braddahs, the Kats?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Pablus... they are some of the greatest guys in the world... and very talented musicians.

They did you proud up here... both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon at brunch.

I'm already looking forward to seeing them all again in October!

Hope you are well Pablus!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:41 pm   Permalink

Tiki Diablo and Marcus from Adrift doing biz...

The Neanderthals take the stage...

Mugs for sale!

Vintage Deluxe...

The King and The Windy City Islanders...

Killer Surf Band from my town... The Exotics, back together again!

Los Straightjackets and Kaiser George rocking the tent...

Brunch at the Chef...

The King entertains at brunch...

Pig! Pig! Pig!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-07-11 12:17 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-10 10:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-10 21:30, pablus wrote:

All I can say is that I am quite stoked to see them again at Hukilau.
Quite a good mix of Hawaiian, surf, and swing.
A lot of sound for three guys!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 09:40 am   Permalink

Way to go Duke!
Scott

View Profile of Kalani Send a personal message to Kalani  Email Kalani Goto the website of Kalani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 10:19 am   Permalink

Mucho Mahalos to Amy, Duke,Melanie, & Eddie for making this Exotica so incredible! The entire weekend was a total blast. It was great for Coalbe & I to be able to put some of the faces together with TC names. We took oodles of pics & hopefully we will get to posting them next day or two.
TTFN
D&C

P.S.Be sure to join us for International Tiki Day celebration at Chef Shangri-La on either Saturday 8/13 or Sunday 8/14. We will start a thread with info as soon as we talk with Susan and pick which the date which works best.

Also, we would like to thank everyone who stopped by our booth on Saturday!

Hey Lake, thanx for the great tiki (he is happy in his new home next to our Kona Kai Tiki), and thanx for getting a photo of our booth

[ This Message was edited by: BambooLodge 2005-07-12 06:26 ]

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 12:13 pm   Permalink

TURBO <got street cred> g. reporting in. Had an awesome time. Great to meet some new people from TC. Always great to see old friends from TC as well. JT, thanks for cartin' us around on Thursday in the Mobile Exploration Unit 2.0. Hello again to DocWoods. All the entertainment was incredible. Mike Miller can mix a drink. The DJ sets were really good. Pablus, the Kats were tight. Tikivixen, I still can't House of Bamboo out of my head. At work right now so I don't have time to post pics, here's a link to the shared album. Never did get a dinner w/ utensils. Next time for sure. Duke, Amy and Eddie, great job. See you all next year @ Exotica 2006...right?!?

here's some of my pics

[ This Message was edited by: turbogod 2005-07-11 12:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: turbogod 2005-07-12 17:07 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 5:48 pm   Permalink

I didn't realize there were so many of you that I didn't meet! Next time for sure. Here is but a few of my pics...

Yeah, that's me.

Mike makes one hell of a mai tai!

The Haole Kats kicked tiki ass!!!

Won a Bosko mask in the raffle!!!

Two Haole Kats CDs, both autographed!

The one on the left is an Orchids of Hawaii mug, the other is a new generic one. I'm not sure where it's from. I also picked up Tiki Magazine issue #1.

I had such a great time and all the other TCers I met were terrific people. I'm so glad I was able to meet all of you!!! Can't wait until next year.

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ManoKoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 6:45 pm   Permalink

I was at Fitzgeralds for just a lil bit but got a huge dose of what "Tiki" is all about. Being new to this scene, I was overwhelmed by what people hold dear and that fact that there was a weekend, in my hometown nonetheless, that people from different parts of the country came to attend.

Greetings to TurboGod: Sorry for not catching up w/ you and the gang later. Aloha to Fred, and Clarence who I got to meet. Nice talking to Danny (diablo) and Adrift's Marcus.

I should have tried to meet a few more TC'ers but besides being overcome by shy dorkiness, and Soren being hot and tired, we had other engagements to tend to so we bailed only after a couple hours.

Big-Big MAHALO to Duke & Amy for all the work put into this.

~ALOHA KA'KOU!~

Derwin aka ManoKoa

^ Soren & I decked out

^ Soren & (I forgot her name, sorry)

View Profile of ManoKoa Send a personal message to ManoKoa  Email ManoKoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation