FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Chicago Exotica 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Chicago Exotica 2005
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 6:58 pm   Permalink

I said it then, I'm saying it again. They could've posed for the Last Supper with everyone on both sides of the table and it still would've worked out in the painting.

BTW Mano, was nice meeting you and your little wahine. You both looked great in the Maori patterns.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 7:04 pm   Permalink

It was a great time, I'm glad we got asked to play. Definitely more fun being a civilian though (like Tikibars said).

The highlight for me was the Los Straitjackets covering "Cry for a Shadow", then immediately following with Kaiser George singing "My Bonnie". The backing vocals being done with wrestling masks on. Hard to describe.

Craig

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIGPALA

Posted: 2005-07-11 7:45 pm   Permalink

Hi All
Just want to say I had a wonderful time meeting everyone on Saturday.
Jerry Edler
Oceanic Art
Bloomington, Indiana

View Profile of BIGPALA Send a personal message to BIGPALA  Email BIGPALA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wgk001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-07-11 7:56 pm   Permalink

The cocktails at Fitzgerald's were excellent as well. Mahalo to the mixologists! Does anyone have the ingredients for any of those great libations?

View Profile of wgk001 Send a personal message to wgk001  Goto the website of wgk001     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 8:20 pm   Permalink

me, the wahine and friends had a great time, just wanted to thank duke and amy...glad to finally get me some tiki diablo mugs, more adrift digs, and my first lake tiki by lake surfer....great to chat with finkdaddy,etc......sorry im not as sociable as i should have been to the other t.cers.............signed, the "fake lake surfer" a.k.a...hala bullhiki........lol!!!!

p.s....jerry, ill get ahold of ya soon, your table of artifacts were amazing!

[ This Message was edited by: hala bullhiki 2005-07-11 20:22 ]

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-11 9:32 pm   Permalink

We are so glad that everyone seems to have had a good time. We're still recovering from the weekend, and not because we had too much to drink unfortunately. We just forgot to schedule ourselves some time to sleep.

There are many folks we'd like to thank for a tremendous time at Exotica 2005: all of the bands, dancers, and DJs—they did an incredible job—the venues that so graciously hosted us (Trader Vic's, Hala Kahiki, FitzGerald's, and Chef Shangri-La), our generous sponsors, the vendors with their great stuff, Mike Miller, all our friends who helped set up and run things on Saturday (we could not have done it without you), and Tiki Diablo for the cool mugs. A special mahalo to King Kukulele who turned out great performances all weekend (even after we'd been up since 4:30 am on Friday). He now holds the special distinction of being the first musician to ever perform live at the Hala Kahiki in their 43 years of operation! We'd like to especially thank Eddie and Melanie for their help, and most importantly, everyone who came out to participate and make Exotica a rollickin' hip-shaking Tiki-filled weekend. Mahalo!

-Duke and Amy

p.s. We still have some official Exotica t-shirts, posters and awesome hand-painted Tiki Diablo mugs. If you are interested in any stuff, email us at
exoticachicago@ameritech.net

[ This Message was edited by: boutiki 2005-07-15 17:00 ]

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 4:43 pm   Permalink

Have a few pictures to share of Saturdays fun

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-12 8:34 pm   Permalink

Why does everyone have to live close to the big events!
Humbug...I guess I'll have to throw a party of my own...
Vern sez he's going to visit the Congatiki room (northern
wisconsin) on thursday night....everyone else is welcome
too....nice to see a few familiar faces in the pics by
tikibars and exotica!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 08:54 am   Permalink

Had a great time and got to meet even more TC members. The music was incredible this year. So many great bands and musicians. Sounds like everybody had as good a time as I did. See everyone at Hukilau ... or sooner??

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 08:59 am   Permalink

What a bunch of drunks!

It was great to finally meet all of you in person. Just wish I had more time in Chicago to get to know everyone better. James, looking forward to sampling your bartending skills in September...

Bigpala... I'm the guy who won the spirit board in the raffle. Thanks! You have some excellent pieces and I wish I had brought a sack full of cash to stock up (I've been eyeing your stuff on Ebay for a while) You'll be hearing from me soon.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 11:20 am   Permalink

A colored version of Danny's Exotica Mug. This is the black and silver one and their is a white and gold.

Aqua, Here you go.

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2005-07-13 11:22 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 1:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-13 08:59, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
What a bunch of drunks!

So I guess you saw me there!

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-13 2:48 pm   Permalink

That is one sweet mug!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-14 08:08 am   Permalink

Finally, back to my Little Grass Shack after a week of fun and sun at Exotica! First, let me give a huge mahalo to Amy, Duke and Eddie Angel for staging such a super event with their tiredness efforts! My family and I had such a great time! Melanie and Amy were so gracious at each meet and greet social and Duke always was grinning from ear to ear! It was a pleasure putting a face to a name with the many T.C.er's! In particular: Turbogod, Powerofthetiki, ikitnrev(vern), JTD, Formikahini, Mr.and Mrs. Johnny$, FinkDaddy and so many others. A special thank you to Tikibars, for his generous hospitality of driving us around Chi-Town on Thur. night! From the Mai-Tais at Vic's, King's superb perfomance at the Hala Kahiki, non-stop cavalcade of musical talent (Of special note: The Nebulas, H.Kats and Los Straightjackets) at Fitzgerald's, to brunch at Chef Shangri-La. This was one great 4-day party! Cant wait for next year!???.

Mahalo!

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-15 1:26 pm   Permalink

Finally back home, after staying behind a few more days to see the sites of Chicago (at least *something* that wasn't tiki-related!).

Big mahalos to Duke & Amy and Eddie & Melanie for all your hard work - the many, many, many hours of work. I can say I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed myself and it looked like everyone else around me was too!

Also, big thanks to all the bands and dancers who rocked my socks off and to the vendors who hooked me up with SUCH cool goodies! I love my shirt and jacket, Marcus! Jerry, I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy every one of the pieces that I was wanting from you. But I love my hook (yep, learned what it was at The Field Museum, where I spent 3 hours on Monday - free, thanks to being a teacher What was that I said about seeing the NON-tiki related sites? Oh well...)

And big thanks to tikibars, the Boutikis and the Bamboolodges for having me out to their FABulous home bars! I feel like I've now been in some holy Chicago shrines. I also am now filled with covetousness after seeing your collection in person, Dave. *wow* But the beauty of all the furnishings and placement made it even better.

Big thanks to jt for the late-night Chicago drinking tour for our whole gang Thursday night. I *still* want to know how JTD finally made it home after he bailed from the cab...

And of course, how GREAT it was hanging with old friends and aquaintances Tikivixen (thanks, fill-in roomie!), King Kuke, and the DC/MD/VA posse: ikitnrev, JTD (yay - no broken bones this year!), Turbeaux *Gee*, AwesomePowerOfTheTiki and M/M J$. Pure pleasure meeting you, BlackSandz & Co., Finkdaddy (aka, J$'s evil twin...or good twin?) and Feelin' Zombified (thanks for the cocktails, sweet thang!). Wish I coulda done more than just shake hands, EsQui & Lisette, Exotica 59 and Tikijunkman and all the rest whom I only too briefly met. And SHAME on you, the rest of the TC-er's there who hid!! Shame shame shame! (Sorry I didn't get to meet you, ManoKoa and Soren with that great make-up!!)

Thanks to all who made it fun for my traveling companion, Gregory Fleeman, aka, Don HO-rowitz and "the guy with the incredible jeep." His first tiki event (besides playing Trader Vics Atlanta in our old band) and I suspect not his last.

Countin' down the days 'til Hukilau.....

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini 2005-07-15 13:46 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation