[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Thrift store musings
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Thrift store musings
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 1:03 pm   Permalink

How many Christmas albums and microwave cookbooks does one planet need?

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 1:43 pm   Permalink

Answer:
Fewer than we have.

That's why the leftovers are in thrift stores.

Reciprocal:

How many great vintage Tiki Mugs does one planet need?

Answer:
LOTS AND LOTS.

That's why there aren't enough in the thrift stores.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 3:02 pm   Permalink

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind.

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 3:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-25 13:03, purple jade wrote:
How many Christmas albums and microwave cookbooks does one planet need?

As many as there are orange owl cookie jars and Ponderosa Ranch tin cups.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 5:18 pm   Permalink

Answer: All of them.

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 6:05 pm   Permalink

How many copies of Herb Alpert's "Whipped Cream" does one world need?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 7:09 pm   Permalink

I hhave noticed a preponderous amount of plastic squeezie promo bottles at the goodwill. They sit there, multiplying on shelves, day after day. I wondered why goodwill even bothered putting them out - then, after 15 years of thrifting, the other day I actually saw someone buy a used squeezie bottle. Will wonders never cease?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-25 7:40 pm   Permalink

I'm a firm believer that most of the "good stuff" gets snagged by the employees before it hits the floor. I used to find really cool '60's suits, ties and shirts (like bowling type sport shirts, dress shirts w/ snap tabs and skinny button-down collars) back in the late '70's and then a rash of "vintage" clothing stores (like Flips on Melrose) started opening up and things got harder to find. A friend of mine had very good luck finding those great '60's shoes and go-go boots with razor sharp pointy toes and stiletto heals in barely worn condition, but she was like a size five.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-26 07:04 am   Permalink

Just think about how many plastic combs exist-that one boggles the mind.I mean,I don't think there's that much hair in the world that needs to be combed.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-26 5:42 pm   Permalink

My favorite are the loads of cookbooks next to the untouched diet books.

How many random beige items infused with the aromas of mothballs and/or catboxes does the world need?

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-27 07:46 am   Permalink

How many lady's high heel shoes, encrusted with shell macaroni, spray painted gold, filled with plastic flowers, for display on top of a console T.V. does one need?

Actually I haven't run across any of these for quite some time. They must have all disentegrated by now.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 9:04 pm   Permalink

Yesterday, to mock me futher, I saw an entire 20 volume set of microwave cooking encyclopedias. I ask you...

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 06:31 am   Permalink

it's all because of THE OWLS...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 07:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-25 19:40, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I'm a firm believer that most of the "good stuff" gets snagged by the employees before it hits the floor.

They do. My daughter worked for one up in the Valley & would get all sorts of new, old stock & barely used items for us (but no Tikis ). I'm certain that other Thrift Stores do the same, whether they mean to or not.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 08:45 am   Permalink

The Goodwill in my hood has a policy where employees can't buy anything until it's been on the shelf for atleast 24 hours, but everything there comes from Tacoma where the "good stuff" is snagged and put up for online auction. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtacomagoodwill

Life is cruel

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation