FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Pictures from the Heyday of Hawaiian Hotel Rooms
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Pictures from the Heyday of Hawaiian Hotel Rooms
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 8:40 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 8:47 pm   Permalink

picture fix?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-29 2:08 pm   Permalink

Rediscovered this thread a couple of days ago and it reminded me that I've got a bunch of old Hawaiian hotel brochures that I should scan . Here's one from 1961 from The Breakers in Honolulu...apologies if this has been posted before. Not very Tiki-heavy but appealing nevertheless....

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-29 7:23 pm   Permalink

Kon-Tiki Viking, thanks for posting this. It IS a cool thread. Your third pic reminds me of some of the Waikikian Hotel brochures too. Wonder if there is a connection, or just one success copying another?
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-30 09:30 am   Permalink

Kon Tiki Viking,

Thanks for posting and bumping this thread back up. It is such a bummer to see the red x's in this one. I thought I would add a few of the older missing postcards from Sabu and Puamana.

These three are from the King Kamehameha hotel in Kona.

Two from the Kauai Surf.

The Naniloa.

The Islander - what a view.

And the Kauai Inn.

I have quite a few more that I will try to post.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-30 10:02 am   Permalink

DC, great imagery! Please keep posting this stuff. Mahalo for this and all of your other continuing contributions, especially in the Locating Tiki forum. We're looking and enjoying.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Tiki Viking
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2011-10-30 10:42 am   Permalink

Just adding my thanks to D.C. for putting up those amazing images....what I wouldn't give for a time machine right now.

View Profile of Kon-Tiki Viking Send a personal message to Kon-Tiki Viking      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation