FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving ~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 9:56 pm   Permalink

Hey, Gary! Great to see you & McTiki hanging out & carving. We've had a few of those sessions out here and sure it beats hanging out on-line any day. Always great to see the local carvers' thing happening. Great to see pictures too - been missing your carvings lately.

Cheers!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 6:28 pm   Permalink

Bump...badass!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 09:01 am   Permalink

AA, thanks for the post. Sorry for the delayed reply. Did not realize it was there till Gman bumped it up. Thanks G.

Not much here, just wanted to drop a note and post a pic taken down at "Benzart's Pad" the weekend before last. Trish and I drove down to Merritt Island to hang out with the "Mctiki's" again, and also managed to squeeze in a short trip down to visit with Ben for a few hours. Needless to say, we came back with an even greater respect for this man than we already had. It was awesome sitting and listening to his stories and seeing pictures of his carving past. Amazing the amount of talent this one man holds, not just for carving tikis, but for ANYTHING he put's his mind to. We also learned a few lessons (x-trade secrets) from Ben with some of his tools of choice. Cool seeing how his choice of tools work for him to do what he does. Also, being the nice generous person that he is, we managed to get loaded up with a few pieces of aerated concrete, and some very nice blanks of Mahogany to try our hand's at some smaller, finger cutting stuff.

Ben thanks again. We had a very nice visit with you. We will surely be back again one day, and this time we're dragging Mctiki down with us;)

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 2:14 pm   Permalink

Now that's a fine photo there for sure G!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 2:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks G.

Notice that Electric Glow around us all? All I can say is that it was Magic!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 4:05 pm   Permalink

Gary,

Nice to see ya back on the forum. Any chance you would post some pics of some resent chops? I'm starving for a peek at a few of your carvings. Just a little peek?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 9:23 pm   Permalink

Lotsa good vibes in that aura.

Good to hear from you Gary.

Hope you've been getting some good swell lately.

You'll be missed this year... I'll raise a drink to you in the Mai Kai.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-09-18 21:25 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 03:45 am   Permalink

I noticed the radiant aura too - spooky! I think those shorts might need an exorcism. Which reminds me - do you Florida guys ever wear long pants?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 03:47 am   Permalink

What is this "Long Pants" thing? Is it kinda like when I make my dog chase a stick for an hour and he Pants for a long time?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 4:22 pm   Permalink

So when are you going to post some more pics. When I was a lurker I used to drool over the photos of your tikis.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 10:50 am   Permalink

Polyurethane Foam 30" tall. Something new.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-19 05:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-19 05:59 ]

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 11:52 am   Permalink

Awesome foam work Bro! Where ya been?

I can send up some yellow pine if you need any. jus let me know.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 12:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks bro.

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll have to pass on the yellow pine;) I do have more white pine up here though if ya needs. You just gotta make a weekend road trip up to come get it!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 12:53 pm   Permalink

TikiGeee, I Love that foam tiki, it really is cool. Nice detail and coloring. Can you do another one and post the progress pictures?. Awe Hell, will you just come down and Do one for me. PS, I don't have the foamy stuff so you'll need to bring that too.
PS: Another thing, I don't know much about the sanding part so you'll have to bring Trish down to do that part..ParTEE did I forget anything?

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 1:28 pm   Permalink

G. Just carve Ben up one! Don't make him beg. That's jus not right at all. lol

Mahaloz

McTiki

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation