FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2005 - Details Announced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Hukilau 2005 - Details Announced!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 01:17 am   Permalink

There will be no live cam at this years Hukilau Ben, whew - I wish I could pull that off. Who knows, I'll ask some of the film crews that are going to be there if that's a possibility. The Robert Drasnin performance alone! Ok, now you've got me started - I'll check into this right away, like I've got nothing else to do!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-01 07:15 am   Permalink

Actually, if the wifi in the ballroom/hotel is like last year, I was planning on doing a live webcam. I can put it up on Swank Pad's tiki bar cam or perhaps use one of the instant messenger feeds or something. I wish I had one of those sweet lightweight notebooks so I could carry it around all over the place and be live walking around the ballroom, and not static. Maybe I can rig up a shoulder bag to use with the laptop I have. Anyone have a better/lighter computer they are bringing? I'll bring a Cd with the software I use and the settings and I can run it on anything.

Update: I will run the tiki bar cam from Hukilau as much as possible. I hope to be able to refresh at about every 5 seconds. That's the best I can hope for. That, or just get on YahooIM with Bamboo Ben and run full speed with sound, only for him!

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2005-10-02 08:52 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Neptune Wahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-01 6:02 pm   Permalink

Neptune Tiki and I are chomping at the bit ....waiting for the Hukilau!!!!! It will be here in 6 days. To think....next week at this time we will be at the one and only Mai Kai!!!! YIPEE!!!!!

View Profile of Neptune Wahine Send a personal message to Neptune Wahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-02 8:05 pm   Permalink

A note of interest here:

Today's (Oct. 2) New York Times includes an article, in the Travel Section (Section 5) on Fort Lauderdale. Although it doesn't mention the Mai Kai or either of our hotels it does offer some interesting information. Not only that but... the only other thing on the page is an ad for Air Tahiti Nui! Hmmmmmmmmm...

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 07:10 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-10-03 08:50 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 10:38 am   Permalink

Hukilau entertainment!

Here's a sneak preview of what to expect, performance-wise, this weekend!

Remember - there's a whole lot more going on too!

THURSDAY

Doors open 7:00

7:45
King Kukulele introduces Charles Phoenix

8:00 to 9:00
Charles Phoenix slide show

9:15
(surprise) - 30 to 45 minutes

10:00
Slip and the Spinouts

11:00
Haole Kats

Sometime after 11:45, Haole Kats may invite King K, and others onto stage with ukuleles. Bring yours!

FRIDAY

doors open at 11:00 AM
DJ Jeff Chenault spins

Haole Kats will do some impromptu sets throughout afternoon.

Yma Sumac and Bunny Yeager sign autographs from noon until 5:00 PM.

Doors close at 5:00.

Doors reopen at 7:00

7:20
Show begins, several surprises abound!

7:35
TongoHiti with Dames Aflame.

8:20
Hukilau auction!

8:50
Waitiki perform original music

9:30
Robert Drasnin

10:30
Waitiki performs short ukulele set.

11:00
King Kukulele performs a ukulele set.

11:30
Intoxicators

SATURDAY

Doors open 10:00

Intoxicators perform during afternoon.
DJ Del Villareal spins

Yma Sumac and Bunny Yeager sign autographs from 11:00 AM until 3:00 PM.

Swap meet: noon (at tables throughout room)

Room will close at 4:00 PM.

Mai Kai:

Tongo Hiti in Molokiai lounge during both happy hours.

First happy hour is at 4:00

Second happy hour is at 7:00

Main stage MC for both shows: King Kukulele

11:00 PM
Waitiki on main stage doing Martin Denny tribute.

Intoxicators in Samoa room after first show concludes (about 8:00), until about 9:45.
Haole Kats in Samoa room after Intoxicators, until about 11:00.

SUNDAY

Haole Kats play during the home bar tour Sunday evening.
James will host the bus tour, giving guests a “Tiki Road Trip”; King K will also entertain

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2005-10-03 10:42 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 4:56 pm   Permalink

What about the Safari Thatch tour? Saturday at 11am?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-10-03 5:18 pm   Permalink

I remember last year at a room party at about 12:30 am we ALL we starving and couldn;t find any food open nearby! I finally had to be a hero and drive to 7-11 and get chips and dip to satisfy the starving masses!
When I flew out on that Monday I came across and article on Ernie's BBq which is open until 2 am Sun-Thurs and 3AM on Fri and Sat!!! If only we had known then!!!
Ernie's is a short drive at 1843 S. Federal Hwy in Ft Lauderdale. 954-523-8636. ZAZZ!!!!
other food stuff at;
http://www.thehukilau.com/2005/rareeats.html

and

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4167&forum=4&hilite=hukilau%20restaurant

ps-is Klinger gonna show up???

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 6:00 pm   Permalink

Gosh, I sure hope so! The Klinger appearance that is.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki 2005-10-03 20:15 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 6:56 pm   Permalink

Did the Car Show get cancelled?

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 8:05 pm   Permalink

Swanky - If you can look at my previous post about the Safari Thatch Tour you'll see that I updated it. No need to worry! You'll get your chance to see - they have really participated this year for a stellar presentation!!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 8:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-03 17:18, mrsmiley wrote:
I remember last year at a room party at about 12:30 am we ALL we starving and couldn;t find any food open nearby! I finally had to be a hero and drive to 7-11 and get chips and dip to satisfy the starving masses!

We have handled that issue this year - the hotel will have an appetiser bar set up near the ballroom, with small portions of finger foods available at reasonable prices for all of your post-mai tai snakin' needs.

We got yer back!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 10:37 pm   Permalink

Give it up for JT and Kiliki!

All bases covered!

Stoked!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 07:15 am   Permalink

Check it out. If you live in South Florida, pick up today's Sun-Sentinel. Frnt page of the Lifestyle section features the Hukilau. Here's the article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/lifestyle/sfl-lihukilau4oct04,0,4861617.story?coll=sfla-features-headlines

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-04 07:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-10-04 07:15, AlohaStation wrote:
Check it out. If you live in South Florida, pick up today's Sun-Sentinel. Frnt page of the Lifestyle section features the Hukilau. Here's the article.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/lifestyle/sfl-lihukilau4oct04,0,4861617.story?coll=sfla-features-headlines

Good article, mahalo for posting. But why do idiot writers ALWAYS feel it needed to add the word tacky?

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation