FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events This Thursday 3/3 in Oakland/East Bay: Humuhumu & Monica
This Thursday 3/3 in Oakland/East Bay: Humuhumu & Monica
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 1:30 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be flying into Oakland this Thursday, as will my friend Monica from Seattle, we're heading out on the Reno Fun Train the next day, and we'll be looking to hit the town. We're thinking Trader Vic's, Conga Lounge, and/or Mallard... we'll be carless, so TV is the only sure bet, but if someone is hell-bent on doing something different than TV's and is willing to haul our asses around, we're open to other ideas.

How about this: unless someone else really wants to do something different and has a clear plan, Monica & I will plan on being in the Trader Vic's Emeryville bar starting at about 8:30ish. Meet us there, or of course feel free to call me on my cell.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 1:42 pm   Permalink

Hey, Humuhumu, I'll be there! Where are you staying?
I'll see if Mrs P wants to join. Lui the Glick may even come!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 1:59 pm   Permalink

I will defy the baby pineapple and stay up past our bedtime! only for Humu2

bring on Lui the Glick!

xoxox
mrs. p

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 2:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-02 13:42, Tiki-bot wrote:
Where are you staying?

Dunno yet, somewhere within easy cab distance of the train station. Probably the Holiday Inn, that's where I normally stay.

Yay! I can't wait to see (or imagine I can see) the bump o' Baby Pineapple!

p.s. -- I am solidly pro-Glick.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2005-03-02 14:50 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-02 3:11 pm   Permalink

Count me in, but I need to call Ed "Christ on a crutch!" tonight to see when he's flying in tomorrow, as I'll have to pick him up. I'll call you sometime tomorrow.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2005-03-02 3:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-02 13:30, Humuhumu wrote:
I'm going to be flying into Oakland this Thursday, , and we'll be looking to hit the town. We're thinking Trader Vic's, Conga Lounge, and/or Mallard... we'll be carless, so TV is the only sure bet, but if someone is hell-bent on doing something different than TV's and is willing to haul our asses around, we're open to other ideas.

How about this: unless someone else really wants to do something different and has a clear plan, Monica & I will plan on being in the Trader Vic's Emeryville bar starting at about 8:30ish. Meet us there, or of course feel free to call me on my cell.

The Conga Lounge is really easy to get to on Bart, it is about 2 or 3 blocks from the Rockridge Station. And if you can get to the Coliseum Bart Station (near the airport), you can get to Vic's .
It is cheap and easy to get to Vic's in Emeryville with Public Transportation if you are planning on heading back before 10pm(after 10pm you can take a cab back to the BART station).
You take BART to the Mac Arthur station, get off and take the FREE shuttle "Emery GO Round" and get off at the Watergate Shopping Center. It is a two block walk from there. I don't know if the shuttle runs on weekends. Visit
www.emerygoround.com
for details.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 4:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Yay! I can't wait to see (or imagine I can see) the bump o' Baby Pineapple!

it's more of a 'my, what a big meal you just ate?' than a bump, but I'll wear my biggest mumu and we can pretend!

Can't wait to see you!
xoxox
pineappleses

PS - on a side note, we realized we were pregnant 2 days after the infamous Novato Grotto/crazy Christmas light house shenanigans, so despite my best intentions, the baby pineapple has already had their first rum cocktail! OOPS, the dr. says this is QUITE common, and not to fret, at least they were introduced to high quality Martiki & Rebecca mixology! They'll be snobs for sure!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-03-03 06:51 am   Permalink

Wooohooo!!!!!

It'll be in the blood.

My mother drank throughout her pregnancy, and I came out fine. Right? Right?

Off to have a breakfast Mai Tai!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 08:59 am   Permalink

My mom said she drank 2 martinis a week, and smoked, and took 'mother's little helpers' (speed) during her pregnancies. (to her credit, I am the 7th of 9 kids, so the drinking, smoking and pep pills are, sort of understandable. I personally would have thrown birth control into the cocktail, but that's just me...)

Mr. Pineapple is policing my sushi and bleu cheese intake, and the little critter's heartbeat is tick tocking away, so all is fine, I can't wait to have my first real cocktail, only about 10 months!

I'll make the bartender at Vic's make a special virgin for me

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 1:36 pm   Permalink

Turns out I'll be solo tonight & this weekend -- poor Monica has come down with the flu.

Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 2:49 pm   Permalink

Bah!

I work Thursday night, tonight! Blasphemous!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2005-03-03 4:22 pm   Permalink

That's too bad about Monica. I hope she feels better soon.

I'm picking Ed up at Oakland airport at 8:40. We should be at Trader Vic's by 9:30 at the latest.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-03-03 5:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-03 08:59, mrs. pineapple wrote:
My mom said she drank 2 martinis a week, and smoked, and took 'mother's little helpers' (speed) during her pregnancies. (to her credit, I am the 7th of 9 kids, so the drinking, smoking and pep pills are, sort of understandable. I personally would have thrown birth control into the cocktail, but that's just me...)

Mr. Pineapple is policing my sushi and bleu cheese intake, and the little critter's heartbeat is tick tocking away, so all is fine, I can't wait to have my first real cocktail, only about 10 months!

Cripes, I'd need more drugs than that to deal with that many kids.

As a strange aside, my cousin's 4 year old daughter has a taste for blue cheese and can't get enough of it. Perhaps it does come through the milk!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2005-03-03 5:24 pm   Permalink

Sorry we can't join you tonight- gotta get ready and do some shopping for tomorrow!

Also-

Economics 101:

$25 = Two Trader Vic's Navy Grogs
$25 = Five Trader Dick's Navy Grogs

(well, these things apply to us po' folk.)

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-08 7:40 pm   Permalink

Jeebus, Thursday was fun. I lurve the Mallard. I wish Monica could have made it (she does, too!), but extra big thanks for making my friend Adrian feel so welcome.

My pics:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/emeryoak/

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:12 ]

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation