FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » The Maikai Gents with Project Pimento AND DJ Otto Von Stroheim-March 11 in S.F.
The Maikai Gents with Project Pimento AND DJ Otto Von Stroheim-March 11 in S.F.
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 11:24 am   Permalink

Aloha, Friends!

Our first public performance in San Francisco is here!
Join us Friday, March 11 at The Odeon Bar in San Francisco for a night to remember!
The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa will be performing a special preview of their imminent album* and spreading the spirit of aloha. Project Pimento will be heating up the room with hot licks & theremin tricks AND the grand biggy himself: DJ, Otto Von Stroheim will be spinning the best island moods to keep your mind in the proper exotic frame!
All this excitement for only $6 will begin at 9:30PM at The Odeon Bar located at 223 Mission Street at Valencia (415) 550-6994. Can’t wait to see you and your lei there!

-I. Grogg

*For information about the new album and how you can be a part of it look here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=13393&forum=11&8

[ This Message was edited by: iuka Grogg on 2005-03-03 21:51 ]

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 9:52 pm   Permalink

Woops, I just edited the above messgae to add the date to the subject line. Hope to see you there! Aloha.

-Iuka

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 10:55 pm   Permalink

WOO!

and did I mention, WOO!

I may be there, listen for the WOO!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-05 8:32 pm   Permalink

Excellent show!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 11:10 am   Permalink

Can't wait! We'll see you there.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-07 5:58 pm   Permalink

Are they going to do the Kettle Chips song!?!?!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-03-08 5:34 pm   Permalink

Hey U. Grogg -
Wish we could make it, since it's been a while, and it'd be fun to see an official TMKGFTMMML show, in norcal no less! Unfortunately have a conflict that eve though.

Hope it's a fun nite! Word on the street is that the imminent album is gonna look and sound great.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-11 11:25 am   Permalink

Aloha, Friends!

My camera's on the fritz and I sure would appreciate some snapshots of tonight's performance. If any of you fine folks who will be in attendace will take some pictures, I'll be very grateful and even give you a couple of our sweet stickers! Mahalo.

-Iuka Grogg

Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-11 11:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-11 11:25, Iuka Grogg wrote:
If any of you fine folks who will be in attendace will take some pictures, I'll be very grateful and even give you a couple of our sweet stickers! Mahalo.

Done and done! Bring unmarked stickers in a nondescript brown briefcase with a code combination 524. Leave it behind the beard, and flee. Make sure noone follows you. Once you are 50 meteres away, make the sound of a female goat in heat.

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-11 2:05 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there to see the show...sounds like a great evening.
Have fun everyone,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-12 12:38 pm   Permalink

Pictures here:
http://www.monkeyinmyhead.com/maikaigents/

and the music video, here!
http://www.monkeyinmyhead.com/maikaigents/hukilau.wmv

Enjoy, but don't kill my webhost, por favor.

[ This Message was edited by: tikimonkey on 2005-03-12 12:55 ]

Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-13 9:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha! What a fun night this was! Thanks for coming out and making our San Francisco debut such a fun and memorable one. Mahalo for the pix, Tikimonkey. Hope to see all of you fine tiki folk soon!

-Iuka

mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-14 09:31 am   Permalink

I feel ill Friday--sorry I couldn't make it.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation