FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving *New* Angry Tiki page 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
*New* Angry Tiki page 2
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 7:45 pm   Permalink

I REALLY like that plate! I can't wait to see what it looks like glazed.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-29 10:52 am   Permalink

Here is a new tiki design that I carved out of clay during last weeks hurricane. I was fortunate enough not to lose power so I was still able to entertain myself. More on the way very soon....

Very cartoon like.

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-08-29 11:09 am   Permalink

oooh i like that one!! cartoony is good.

are you going to keep it smooth? or did the toothpick experience wear you out?

what color(s) will it be?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 1:40 pm   Permalink

Wow! I really like it. Fantastic job! Makes me want to get out my clay now!

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-29 5:57 pm   Permalink

I tried to go with the wood texture look from alot of the vintage mugs. This changed the whole attitude of the tiki once the lines were carved into it. Havn't decided on a color yet.

The "toothpick experience" WAS an experience if you catch my drift. I still don't think a mold would capture the quality of detail from using that technique. 40 of the Yumskulls have been completed so it will be a while before I need to make some more. One of my favorite mug designs would have to be the Otagiri. I would like to use the "peanut" technique on one of mine in the future.

Thanks for the praise and !yes! Break out your clay, we need more of it on here!

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 8:15 pm   Permalink

YumYumKid, I REALLY like your work! Are you considering making mugs from these???

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-29 11:29 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 05:09 am   Permalink

YumYum, love your work. I always wanted to make a few of my own mugs and now I know why.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-30 10:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. I'm making a number of potential mug models. This one may or may not become a mug. We'll see once the ole kiln has enough stuff in it to do a firing.

yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-01 3:15 pm   Permalink

Here's a new tiki carved in the same style as the last one. I wanted to try more of an emotional expression with with this guy. This one is a little bit shorter and more closer to the base. Now that it's finished, it kinda reminds me of a rum barrel mug that has gone insane.

"Raaaaawwwr!"

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 3:42 pm   Permalink

I'm lovin' it! I am really happy with my Yumskull, he's so cute! I bought a shorter one to use more as a bowl, I'd love to be able to have more of your mugs sitting on my shelf. Please keep up the great designs! FUN stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki 2005-09-01 15:45 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 4:24 pm   Permalink

yumyum, I remember when you showed your prototype. And then I saw your Ebay listing and I thought you made a mold (which I have no clue how thats done). But no, each one hand made. I put a bid on one last week and was out bidded.

That last one looks so smooth. How did you get it so perfect looking. Is that a hand-built?

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 4:38 pm   Permalink

Oh Wow! LOVE that guy! He is fantastic!!

I think I need him.....

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 5:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-29 17:57, yumyumkid wrote:
I would like to use the "peanut" technique on one of mine in the future.

I like the woodgrain look, by "Peanut" do you mean a PMP woodgrain? I like that tight, squiggly look that PMP products have, especially when they have that little knothole in the belly button.

Or do you mean the Islander/Trader Dicks Peanut? Maybe use old, rounded pencil erasers? make a bundle of pencils, rubber band them together & stick them into a small potato to make a "Peanut" stamp?

I also like the woodgrain in the old Harvey's Tiki Buckets, but it might be too much work to try to recreate that.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-01 6:16 pm   Permalink

Cool lookin stuff Yumyumkid, you are creating some very nice mugz. Show us some More.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation