FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » Beating a hangover-How?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Beating a hangover-How?
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-05 5:18 pm   Permalink

OK, I can't help it, I NEED to know. So I'm posting a new topic (sorry!) In Beer for Breakfast, Monkeyboy said something about knowing how to beat a hangover. I can not take even one drink without waking up and feeling like the bottom on New York Dumpster! I want a tiki drinky dangit! Help!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-05 6:14 pm   Permalink

Have you done a TC search for the term "hangover"?? Hangover 'remedies' have been discussed ad nauseum here. Here's The Good Doctor's 'not-quite-patented' remedy (as seen on about a dozen TC threads AND published in the Mondo Lounge program, thankyouverymuch...)

It should do the trick!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 3:33 pm   Permalink

Dr Z, I look forward to trying this out. If it works it will change my life! Can you sub two glasses of beer for the two glasses of water? I find that the beer goes down easier.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-06 7:10 pm   Permalink

Check this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11429&forum=6

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 10:01 am   Permalink

A thousand and one pardons. I did do a search, but my home computer is dial up and sucks, it took so long, it kept hanging up! So I got impatient and greedy, what with it being the weekend and all, and wanted to know fast. Sorry again!
Read your RX Dr. Z. Thanks!! Hope it'll work!
My sister, an RN, said to do it and also the following: keep a banana and crackers by the bed. When you wake up the next morning, BEFORE getting up/out of bed, eat some crackers, then a few bites of the banana. Then lie there for another 1/2 hour. She swears by it. The crackers settle and the banana has potasium. Worked when I was pregnant...

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 10:05 am   Permalink

One more thing...I am truly sorry for doing another post, but cheese and crackers! It's not like I sent a worm to the main server! Ease up a bit! My brother, (posts here as Ka),is a complete ass hole, I've noticed. He posts smart ass crap and everyone's all helpful to HIM! Perhaps I should do a study on subconciously favoring male sounding posters...

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 10:44 am   Permalink

Then there's always Louis Jordan's Solution: "Whats the use of getting Sober(When you're gonna get Drunk again)?"

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 6:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-07 10:05, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
One more thing...I am truly sorry for doing another post, but cheese and crackers! It's not like I sent a worm to the main server! Ease up a bit! My brother, (posts here as Ka),is a complete ass hole, I've noticed. He posts smart ass crap and everyone's all helpful to HIM! Perhaps I should do a study on subconciously favoring male sounding posters...

Yeah I'm sorry... but, hey - it gave me a chance to use the phrase ad nauseum in a barf-related context! How often is THAT opportunity gonna come by?

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 6:50 pm   Permalink

Cheese and crackers? You're gonna have to beef up your cussin' if you want to get treated like one of the guys here, missy!

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2005-03-07 18:50 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-07 8:48 pm   Permalink

yeah, but the tikitots walk in from time to time...(they already know their uncle's an asshole)! Doc, I can understand your desire to use a lil Latin. After all, you ARE a doctor.

heelgrinder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-06 1:02 pm   Permalink

two packets of this and a bunch of water are enough to erase an evening of too many mai tais...my husband and i swear by this stuff!

View Profile of heelgrinder Send a personal message to heelgrinder  Email heelgrinder Goto the website of heelgrinder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 8:16 pm   Permalink

The ONLY thing that works for certain that I've tried (and everyone else I know) is drinking a glass of water for every ounce of hard liquor and for every third or fourth beer before going to bed.
It's really, really boring, doesn't involve anything exotic like choco-chip Eggo waffles soaked in yak-pee and chased with Tabasco sauce consumed hanging upside-down with your head next to a running microwave, but it prevents the dehydration that causes the hellishness.
Course, if yer too drunk to know what water is, then do the yak-pee thing after.

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seafoamer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-15 10:11 am   Permalink

Hitting it with a bottle of Gatorade usually works quite well for me. I, preferably, like to down some right before bed, to hydrate.

View Profile of seafoamer Send a personal message to seafoamer  Email seafoamer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 10:51 am   Permalink

Read some studies and there are a few things worth noting.

Do not take Tylenol or its generic forms.
Your liver's ability to process the alcohol in your blood is blocked by Tylenol and it will make it worse. Those coming into the ER with toxic levels of alcohol who have taken Tylenol often die because of it.

Tagamet Yes, that long term antacid medicine. It has a side effect of shrinking some sort of lining of the brain which is swollen when hung over and causing that big headache.

Take Aleve and Tagamet, drink lots of water and some coffee to "speed the process". My personal belief is that dehydration is the biggest issue.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 12:35 pm   Permalink

To avoid a hangover, I'd highly recommend not attending this year's rum tasting event at Tiki Oasis. Some of us are still suffering. Ouchy.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation