FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Any info on this Pineapple Mug?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Any info on this Pineapple Mug?
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 1:24 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest addition to my tiki bar. Falls into the love it or hate it category. Personally, it's gotta be my new favorite and will only be used to serve drinks to my guests of honor. Anyone know who made this one or where it came from? (no markings on this mug/vase).

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2002-11-14 11:05 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 2:06 pm   Permalink

What tha....?
What the heck is going on there? It looks like a puppy dog crawling out of his ear!!!! I'm gonna have nightmares now, I just know it....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 2:07 pm   Permalink

Weird! It sure looks like one of those wacky 50's Napco/Napcoware vases to me.
It would make a very odd drink mug indeed!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 2:33 pm   Permalink

Good Lord! You need to make a special drink to go in there called the "Puppy Dog Pineapple Parasitic Infection." Jeez!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 2:38 pm   Permalink

ack! A mug tailor made just for me! I must have one!

visit Traderpup.com

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 2:41 pm   Permalink

What the hell would inspire such a sick creation as that! I have never been so disgusted in my life! What the hell does a dog and a freaking pineapple have in common? I think someone was on some serious drugs when they made that mold! Oh and did I mention that I got to get me one of those! I like it!

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 3:49 pm   Permalink

The flying monkeys from "Wizard of Oz" used to scare me like nothing else. This mug? has usurped those airborne simians now.

That is truly a horrific item, in a cosmic sense. Gruesome.

Midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 4:16 pm   Permalink

See what happens when you mess with genetic engineering?!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 4:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

tikigreg wrote:
See what happens when you mess with genetic engineering?!

Jesus....you are absolutely right. This could make a better anti-GM poster than anything I've ever seen previously.
Horrible...horrible...

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 6:08 pm   Permalink

Bigbadtikidaddy - I think you may be right. Now that I've begun to research, this looks a lot like some of those Napco vases that don't fall into the traditional "head vase" category.

Swanky - I like your drink name. Am also thinking about a "Punctured Pineapple Punch" or a "Pina-Collie-lada".

If Traderpup ever opens a chain of "Trader Pup's" restaurants, he'll have to find a way to mass-produce these.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-14 8:05 pm   Permalink

I *love* it! I especially like that the pineapple seems embarrassed to have a beagle popping out of it. It's almost apologetic about it. Great find!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-15 08:07 am   Permalink

looks like someone had a flask of rum while on a cheezy date at one of those d-i-y ceramics color me mine joints! Bad day at the swap meet?

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 12:33 pm   Permalink

Sabu-
Here is a fine go-with for your wacky mug/vase(s)!
The coconut head teapot!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2067531416
The picture above has changed, is that something new that you found?
It looks like a nice vessel for your sweet-n-sour sauces!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbadtikidaddy on 2002-11-13 12:34 ]

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 12:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-11-13 12:33, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
The picture above has changed, is that something new that you found?
It looks like a nice vessel for your sweet-n-sour sauces!

I thought either I was losing my mind, or it was one of DAMNED MAGIC EYE things 'cause I couldn't see any fricken' dog anywhere in that pineapple!

But this picture scares me too!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 1:22 pm   Permalink

Aren't those just dual condiment jars - kinda like a cheap imitation of Holt Howard? One for yer mustard, one for yer relish, I would hazard to guess.

You lushes see booze in EVERYTHING, sheesh!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation