FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Any info on this Pineapple Mug?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Any info on this Pineapple Mug?
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-13 4:44 pm   Permalink

Anybody wanna try to explain this little gem? A monkey embracing a giant pink peanut?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snarkoutgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-13 5:21 pm   Permalink

So what was the original pic? I'm so curious now...

View Profile of snarkoutgirl Send a personal message to snarkoutgirl  Email snarkoutgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2002-11-13 6:19 pm   Permalink

I didn't know this thread would have such a long life. I used a link to the original e-bay auction photo and it looks like it's changed! Now that I have the original puppy/pineapple mug in my hands, I'll photograph it tomorrow and change the picture back. Sorry about that.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2002-11-14 11:14 am   Permalink

Ok,

Now the original puppy/pineapple mug photo is back in place.

Bigbadtikidaddy - I like that coconut teapot but missed-out on the bidding.

Traderpup - I LOVE that pink, ceramic monkey/peanut monstrosity. I'm starting to get a picture in my head of a psycho, cartooney-looking tiki bar, just filled with this whacko stuff and it's frightening me. What kind of tiki mugs would you use? Those big-toothed Kelbos ones? I can see that you've cleverly hidden the ebay auction link and have just used the photo. Saving it for yourself, eh?

Sabu

(PS: with that hair, the monkey resembles Bamboo Ben not a little).

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2002-11-14 11:16 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 11:31 am   Permalink

I'm ashamed to admit that the monkey grasping his pink nuts is a part of my collection....! Did you miss out on the monkey stroking his banana auction?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-14 11:45 am   Permalink

All this weird stuff gives new meaning to the term "Moai puppy penis ear" or whatever the hell that expression is.

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation