Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Dominican Republic Rum
Dominican Republic Rum
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-08 11:56 am   Permalink

My father-in-law is heading to the Dominican Republic for a golf tournament next week. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good rum that he could bring back (one that you couldn't find in the states.) Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanx

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-10 1:36 pm   Permalink

Listings on this page for Dominica and Dominican Republic. Don't know anything about any of these. http://www.ministryofrum.com/islands.html
(Of course, on the other side of the island of Hispaniola is Haiti...home to Rhum Barbancourt!)

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vini-tiki-vechi

Posted: 2005-03-10 4:58 pm   Permalink

Not sure if these are available to you where you live; but Ron Matusalem Rum Gran Reserve and Ron Barcelo Emperador are worthy additions to any bar. Both are dark and aged good for over the rocks or mists sipping.... but hell I mix with them as well. In country both will be cheap. If your lucky you might find the Ron Barcelo Emperador in a limited edition decorative bottle/decanter. I'd suggest to your father in-law to pick up two 1-liter four packs (one for each hand) that way he'll have no room for cheesy trinkets and he walk ballanced.

View Profile of vini-tiki-vechi Send a personal message to vini-tiki-vechi  Email vini-tiki-vechi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 11:13 pm   Permalink

Thanx for the tips. My father-in-law is ther now. I hope he remebers my shopping list.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 10:01 pm   Permalink

Has anyone had the elixir Mamajuano.
It is supposed to be the Dominican elixer/aphrodisiac.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-28 07:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-27 22:01, christiki295 wrote:
Has anyone had the elixir Mamajuano.
It is supposed to be the Dominican elixer/aphrodisiac.

Ooooo! Mama Juana!

You can probably get some shipped to you from
here.

Haven't tried it myself. Sounds good, though.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikeNJ
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-23 6:29 pm   Permalink

I have been to the Dominican Republic several times. My faves are Brugal and Barcelo both widely available everywhere in the Dominican and some in the US...

View Profile of TikiMikeNJ Send a personal message to TikiMikeNJ  Email TikiMikeNJ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation