FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Alexander (King) Palm trunk questions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Alexander (King) Palm trunk questions
gibgib
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-29 06:14 am   Permalink

Cool harro, can't wait to see your work

The palms in the top pic are Majestic Palms. Don't discount them yet!
The easter island tiki I did was with a Cocos palm log which started splitting from the centre a few days after I nicked it from someone's green waste collection. It was actually very nice to carve, but only after it had dried out for a few weeks.
Where in Brissy are you?
Note also November in your diary for green waste council pickup on the north side around the Northgate area.

View Profile of gibgib Send a personal message to gibgib  Email gibgib Goto the website of gibgib     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gibgib
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-29 06:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-09-29 06:03, harro wrote:

i'll take some other pics of them as i'm not sure what species they are, i've started on my first tiki, hopefuly it will be ata stage to post pics soon...

thanks!!

The ones in your boot look like a good score.

View Profile of gibgib Send a personal message to gibgib  Email gibgib Goto the website of gibgib     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 04:18 am   Permalink

yeah gibgib, the majestic palms can just sit where they are at the moment, as i have plenty of carving ahead of me with those logs that filled up the boot there... those were from a tree loppers rubbish pile in northgate actually. i'm from holland park though - barely a stone's throw from annerley!! unfortunately i don't get much time to get out in the yard and hack away, so i've not made any progress on the first tiki recently... will try to get back at it soon though! cheers for the botanical advice too.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-21 03:44 am   Permalink

Harro man, that looks like a 2 door Val? Looks pretty tidy

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation